Problems with my Vault 74

vadergamer

Hello,

So I just made Vault 74. I did everything the tutorial said except for the last bit ("the gallery" http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Image:O...l_Layout02.jpg).

I also haven't done lighting, FX, Navmesh, NPC's and traps but I don't think the exclusion of these will cause my problem.

So when I walk in the door to the vault from the wasteland and then walk through the cave bit I come to the vault gear door I open it and walk through, only problem is that when I walk through the gear door it teleports me back to wooden door that connects to the wasteland.

So basically I can walk up and down the cave but as soon as I try and pass the gear door to get in to the actual vault I get teleported to the wooden door at the start of the cave.

Help anyone??

Thanks in advance :)

http://www.4shared.com/file/115051559/2f30fd75/Vault74.html

Here is a link if you want to dload, test it out and figure out the problem for me. It would be much, much, much appreciated if you could do so.

Here are some pictures:

Location of my Vault

When I opened the vault74a cell in your mod, I got a warning saying:

Havok error: INterior is too large for the havok world!

World must be expanded or cell must be made smaller.

There's the culprit.

I suggest you create a new cell and copy-paste the contents from your first vault74a cell to the new cell and see what happens.

When I opened the vault74a cell in your mod, I got a warning saying:

Havok error: INterior is too large for the havok world!

World must be expanded or cell must be made smaller.

There's the culprit.

I suggest you create a new cell and copy-paste the contents from your first vault74a cell to the new cell and see what happens.

I duplicated the Vault 74 cell and tested it, but the same thing happened unless duplicating the cell won't make a difference?

Do I need to duplicate a different cell and then copy and past my Vault 74 layout into that cell?

Btw, how do I copy and paste my vault layout into a new cell so its layed out how it was before?

Select the static objects you want to copy, then control+c. Then open the cell you'd like to copy to and press control+v.

Just like in most windows applications.

I tested your vault and I find several things:

1. The door and indoor environment is walkable once I moved the whole layout several lengths along the x axis.

2. A lot of your statics are not well placed, i.e. some hallways which have fixed ends are placed in places where you need to have hallways with open ends. You also have double doors in one door slot, and your cell is rife with clipping. I suggest you use the grid for precise placement. And you should look into ready made cells for correct examples of static interior placement.

I suggest making a new cell from scratch.