Three questions

BadPenney

[ 1 ] I've seen posts that point to problems associated with installing Fallout 3 in a directory other than the default installation directory, which I have done. I'm running Vista 64. What sort of problems should I expect from this?

[ 2 ] I recall seeing a post that discouraged packaging mods in .bsa files for uploading. At first glance, it would seem that packing files the same way that Bethesda did would be a good idea. What are the drawbacks to doing it?

[ 3 ] Not long after starting my current mod I started seeing this warning when starting up the GECK:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/1103832-1246383899.jpg

I haven't got a clue what it is talking about, and have always clicked "Yes to all" to get past it. But now that I am getting close to uploading, I would like to tie up this loose end. Has anyone seen this warning and been able to resolve it?

Feeling a bit sheepish. Posting that somehow made me realize the answer to question #3.

I think that I was anthropomorphizing my computer as if it was HAL9000 taunting me, "That's right, Dave. You put in an extra space somewhere. Now figure out where it is, fool."

When actually the GECK was warning me that I had written the player line of dialogue "That's right." and hit the spacebar once after the period.

I've been cursing that warning for a month. Think I'll go hold my head under the hot water now. :wallbash:

Still interested in the other questions, though.

1 - I use Vista on my laptop and have no problems in the default directory since UAC is disabled. As far as I know that is the only reason to do it. I'm sure someone will step in if I am wrong.

2 - Early patch (1.0.0.15?) did not support multiple BSAs. Today I see no reason not to use them, assuming you can build one the way you want it.

1 - I use Vista on my laptop and have no problems in the default directory since UAC is disabled.

Does that mean that I will only run into problems installing in a non-default directory if I am playing from an account that doesn't have administrator rights?