How to Get Image Space Modifiers to Work Properly in VR

gargamelNINE

Hello,

I'm working on a mod that involves drinking a sleeping potion, and before the player passes out, I want there to be some heavy visual impairment. For this purpose, I made modified versions of the dragon shout modifiers, going heavy on double and blurred vision. This works perfectly fine in SSE, but in VR, only the shade and brightness aspects of an image space modifier are ever applied. None of the other effects.

Now, it is pretty clear that this was changed by Bethesda in their worry about us poor players not getting sick. And that may be the case for most players, but I have a steel stomach, and I can take anything for any period of time. Being sent on a ballistic trajectory by a giant? No problem for me. In fact, I enjoy it.

So it is really frustrating for me that I can't enjoy the full trippieness of image space modifiers, especially in mods like Skyrim on Skooma.

Now, as I see it, there are several possibilities of how the original modifiers could have been changed. Either it's some ini setting, or another (I found one but that one was set the same as SSE), or it is by replacement of some files in the bsa archives – if this is the case, I really don't know where to begin to look – or, worst case scenario, it's a change in the executable itself, in which case it's probably hopeless.

Can anyone help?