Cannot find Saved Games: not showing in any folder

jmig

That's just weird...... Have a look in your One Drive\Documents folder, see if there is anything in there... (are you even using one drive??)

I did, not there. The OneDrive is the same thing as Personal, which I use to transfer files from my main computer and the Flight Sim/Game computer. I did a search on the entire computer for sfs files (which I assume are the saved files). The only sfs files are saved games I downloaded from Nexus Mods.

John

That just beyond weird..... I wonder where the game is finding them???? Not like beth would have them stashed in some hidden folder somewhere....

I don't know. Until and if someone comes up with an idea, I am moving on. Like I said before, if the game goes down the toilet on me and I lose my saved position, I will just quit the game. It is interesting to me but not, in my opinion, in the same league as Skyrim. I find the missions to be rather simplistic. While the graphics are awesome, I find the dialog comes right out of Marvel Comics. Which considering the primary age group the game is made for, its understandable.

It looks like Digital Combat Simulator (DCS) is about to release the F-4E. I flew the AF-4 in the USAF. So, I will be able to pretend I am 24 again. And do it with out the Gs deforming my face.

John

I'm also an old guy ,64, so the time when "games are for children" was common is over!!

About your problem, your saves cannot be elsewhere or maybe you have different users on your PC and you are looking at the wrong user.

Have you reinstalled windows on a different drive, a SSD for example, it may happen that you have moved your document folder to another drive.

I do this often to save place on my main system drive, i just move the document folder to another drive, or i redirect the document folder to the older drive so i found every documents without having to move them to the new installation.

If you have done this you may have two documents folder, a unused one on the sytem drive and the good used one on anoter drive.

I'm also an old guy ,64, so the time when "games are for children" was common is over!!

About your problem, your saves cannot be elsewhere or maybe you have different users on your PC and you are looking at the wrong user.

Have you reinstalled windows on a different drive, a SSD for example, it may happen that you have moved your document folder to another drive.

I do this often to save place on my main system drive, i just move the document folder to another drive, or i redirect the document folder to the older drive so i found every documents without having to move them to the new installation.

If you have done this you may have two documents folder, a unused one on the sytem drive and the good used one on anoter drive.

Welcome to the Old Farts club. :) I have Windows 11 installed on a 1 TB M drive. The computer is dedicated to flight sims and games. All games are installed on a 2 TB SSD drive, named Games. I have Documents folders on the main drive and a Personal cloud drive via Microsoft 365. I have searched both Documents folders. I have searched by going to Users/.../App Data/. I found the Bethesda folder in Roaming but it had no saves. A also did a computer wide search for *.sfs files. The only files that showed were downloaded saves from Nexus Mods. If these saved files are suffixed sfs they are not on my computer or somehow hidden.

Thanks for responding!

John