Cigarette smoke effect.

South8028

Where exactly is the cigarette smoke exhaled by the character in the smoking animation? And... Has anyone come across a nif with a super spray that could be used as an animObj to animate hookah smoking? I need to come up with something for the smoke that the actor exhales from his mouth. I couldn't find a way to properly export particles to nif, and would like to find a ready-made smoke to use as an addonnode in an animObject.

https://youtu.be/l02CjW-GZbo?si=b4-5mVt9PdSYzSir

Edited by South8028

I know there are steam vent addon-nodes but I don't remember exactly where I found those. Searching "steam" in the archives using any of the tools available should do the trick. I think I would probably check if the cryolator has some addon-node for when it's not actively shooting as well. That mist looks pretty good.

I haven't really looked into it but a quick search in the game files suggests it's the "CigBreath"; FXcigBreath.nif, CigBreath.hkx and CigBreath.txt.

Thank you. Found. I didnt immediately understand that we were talking about the Animations.ba2 archive and looked for a long time in the effects folder.

But the most important thing I need is FXcigBreath.nif I didnt find. I don't know where to look for him.

Edited by South8028

In general, I added smoke, but I got tired of it. Static animations in animObj don't want to sync with havok animations. If I do, for example, a uv animation of smoke in animObject, then the speed of this animation does not match the havok animation. I tried it in different ways, but for some unknown reason the moment of exhalation of smoke does not coincide with the animation of the actor. Moreover, this only applies to animObj. Furniture, for example, always syncs on its own, and all sequences perfectly match the timing of the havok animation. So I had to attach a static superspray to the head as a separate animObj.I also discovered an interesting thing... If you have the High Heels mod installed, then for animObj it is better not to skin meshes on the root, or AnimObjectA/B bones, etc. Because these nodes in the game will fall down to the height of your heel . You will have to make a separate animation specifically for the High Heels mod.

Edited by South8028

It looks pretty good though. A little gets out of the mouth and a little out of the nose in a calm fashion, fitting her overall vibe.

Thank you. But of course I wanted to find a way to synchronize gamebryo sequences in animObject with havok, but this, as always, turned out to be some kind of unnecessary fuss for the sake of a modest result. I dont know why bgs didnt just make equal timing between all animations of objects and actors. It's also sad that animObject's cannot be unloaded independently of each other. For some reason, you can connect different animObj in hkx in any frames and in large quantities, but you can only turn them off all together.