LOD tree fragments after changing the landscape

1LTWinters

I guess I have forgotten how to do it. I'm having an out of RAM memory problem. None of mine are marked as deleted so I can't experiment without deleting something. So unless someone else pops up with the answer then I guess you need to experiment till you get it.

It can't be too tough because I figured it out and I'm just a self-taught, spazzy 14 year old. :whistling:

I ran into problems like that by deleting things that are in the Fallout3.esm, so I don't delete them anymore. I just move them down the z axis about 1000 units so that they are out of the way and can't be seen.

I was able to get rid of ghost trees like those by undeleting the trees. When you select the data files in GECK that include Fallout3.esm and your mod's .esp (as you do when you are starting an edit session) you can see a button at the bottom of that window titled "details". Clicking that will bring up a list of things in your mod. Objects that have been deleted will appear with a D in the deleted column. You can undelete them that way, and then reposition them in the GECK to get rid of the ghost trees.

I think that F03Edit may have a utility for that as well, but I am not as familiar with it.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that 'clog' up the particular cell with inexistant object that are still rendered as active, causing the G.e.c.k. to be glitchy? It doesn't seem like a particularly safe way to do things. That is if you want to keep your program from running into problems and causing game CTDs and the G.e.c.k. to not save files like navmeshes properly.

so..after creating new LOD tree meshes for the modified cells i finally got rid of these ghost trees. now i have to find out which tree LOD files in data folder affect my modiefied cells and which can be deleted. thanks for help!

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that 'clog' up the particular cell with inexistant object that are still rendered as active, causing the G.e.c.k. to be glitchy? It doesn't seem like a particularly safe way to do things. That is if you want to keep your program from running into problems and causing game CTDs and the G.e.c.k. to not save files like navmeshes properly.

I don't normally have problems with CTDs or navmesh saves, but I do find the GECK and F03 in general to be rather glitchy. I don't understand why moving an object out of sight would cause the cell to more clogged than if the player could see it in game, but if you know a better way to do things then I, for one, am always open to suggestions.