New pip boy? (Replace gross oversized one)

StealthicKhaos

Alright, looks like wallys right. Your arm IS too small for this over sized rusted up smudgy gross so called 'Pip Boy'. I didnt like it. So I found the pipboy 5000. ONLY short sleeves? Come on. The majority of us wear armor. So, what about a Lil Pip? (Aka pip boy 4000)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lil%27_Pip_3000

Maybe remove the wires, browness, maybe even make it open and close? I know that would be hard let alone making the textures. Maybe it could act as the prototyp medic armor? Thats definitley pushing. Even a quest lol..... but ya. This isnt like OMG YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS CAUSE I WANT IT SOOOO BAD!!!!!111111one1111!!! Just and idea for all those hardcore modders who want to make a mod but doesnt know what to make. Thanks guys. :thanks:

animations are hard to make as I know. But I think that it's possible to change all the other things, because it was possible to change the map in Oblivion. But I don't think very many people want to change their menus, now that they're kind of "used" to the original. But I have heard about some Pip's that have modified, but only the texture is changed. And to resize a menu? Hm, looks kind of, advanced.

But I'll hope that your wish isn't too hard for other modders, though :3

good luck!

It is cause this is too hard or what? Someone can at LEAST tell me that.

If i am not mistaken (and i am from time to time :P ) the reason for the short sleeve only is because you would have to make a different texture for each of the longer sleeve armors to incorporate the new pip. If open up any of the armors in nifskope you will see that it has two different textures one with the pip-boy on and one without. So even though it would be nice to have a smaller pip usable with long sleeve armors, as of yet it seems to be just too big of an undertaking for anyone to attempt it

It is cause this is too hard or what? Someone can at LEAST tell me that.

If i am not mistaken (and i am from time to time :P ) the reason for the short sleeve only is because you would have to make a different texture for each of the longer sleeve armors to incorporate the new pip. If open up any of the armors in nifskope you will see that it has two different textures one with the pip-boy on and one without. So even though it would be nice to have a smaller pip usable with long sleeve armors, as of yet it seems to be just too big of an undertaking for anyone to attempt it

An even bigger problem is that some of the armours don't have anything at all underneath where the Pipboy is normally placed, most notably the brotherhood and enclave power armour models, which means you'd have to remodel these parts such that they would fit the new Pipboy size. This becomes increasingly bothersome when you begin throwing in custom armour into the mix as you'd have to ask the creators for permission to release a remodeled version compatible with your pipboy, which really is a quite bad solution - your mod is most likely to get ignored if it isn't compatible with other custom content, which kinda' defeats the point of making it in the first place.

What I think you can do is make a new Pipboy to be used in conjunction with the "Pipboy Begone" mod, as that mod forces the models to use their respective PipboyOff parts, but still retains full Pipboy functionality - this means you theoretically can alter the looks of the Pipboy when your character looks at it without it having an impact on compatibility with other modder's work, which makes it more likely your mod will be used by other people.

I could be wrong on this(feel free to slap me if I am), but it would seem that so long as the new one covers the same area as the old one, it'd just be a matter of whiping up some new models. Even if it's the same length, having something slimmer to wear would be nice, and it'd make more sense with certian armors/clothing if you're using any of the pipboy begone mods(think of it as pulling up your sleeve to use it. Well, as long as you're not using power armor, anyways).

Though this brings up another question. If one were to make a new, slimmer pipboy(perhaps something inspired by the top pic on the lil' pip page), would it be possible to give it a larger/wider screen? If so, would that have any efrfect on the text/icons displayed on it?