Mod feedback/ideas and looking for someone to do it cuz i have no modd

videogameruler

I was bored and thought up this idea. if i was to make a mod out of it would take a massive time and there are still alot of holes to fill. need some feddback, possible additions.

Main thing need a idea for would be the raiders name. i want it to be like a gun name as his first name and a hardcore/biker gang name as his last name. EXAMPLE "sawed off sammy" (even though sammy isnt really a tough name).

heres how it would sort of go.

backstory

a Kid named Jeff Jackle's father and mother were killed by a raider group called the wasteland pirates. Jeff's parents were scavengers who took joy in

selling and trading items for a low low price to help those with little to no caps in the wasteland. One day his parents were out scavenging when some of

the wasteland pirates found them and ambushed Jeff and his parents.the leader of the wasteland pirates named _____ told his men to hold off and then he

himself fought jeffs parents. Jeffs dad tried but soon fell victim to _____'s wrath and so did his mother soon after.____ used his signature weapon _____

Jeff escaped but witnessed both his parents death's.Jeff then escaped to megaton where he waits for a traveler to help him in his revenge.

mission

find the wasteland raiders base, and eliminate all of them. Kill ____ and take his weapon the ____ to show Jeff to prove u killed him. Once his weapon is

showed to Jeff he will thank u and pay you with 10 stimpacks, ____'s weapon, and 100 ammo for the weapon. also pays with 250 caps. Jeff will then say he

wants to follow his parents legacy and will follow the traders route and becomes a scavenger himself.

i know its not really "a request" because i WANT to do it but i most likely will not be able to so if someone is willing to give it a shot go right ahead lol.

honestly, there is nothing in that story that is really interesting that I have not already heard many times before...

im not trying to be mean, just saying, you could probly throw in something a bit more unique than a raider killing scavengers... that stuff happens every single day in the Wasteland...

throw in some kind of twist or something

give your not named raider guy a reason he chose Jeff's parents as his target (mabe they are smuggling stolen Commonwealth technology to help a small settlement in the Wasteland fight back against the massive attacks of Super Mutants, Yao Gui, and Raiders... Mabe the raider guy wants that technology

or even better, mabe Jeff's parents are from a Vault, but left to the Wasteland to bring supplies back to the Vault (Vaultech didn't give them enough supplies) and they develope relationships with other wasteland traders and trade for supplies and stuff to keep the Vault alive. and the raider guy has been trying to get into the vault to make it his base, knowing that with the vaultech technology his right hand man and master machanic, could repair the weaponry (something cool, mabe ultimate power armor or awesome guns or even a tank) he has, so he can become the most powerful raider in the wasteland.

well, the raider guy finds out about Jeff's parents and hunts them down and tourtures them to get the Vault password, but they won't talk, so enstead of killing them, he knows a sure way to get them to talk. he leaves them captured at his raider camp and goes to find their son, Jeff, so he can use him as a hostage to make his parents talk...

and that is where the player comes in, Jeff comes running up to the player for help, and you can choose from sneaking into the raider camp and rescuing his parents and helping them escape, killing the raider guy, or stealing the raider guys cool weapon thing for yourself

ok, I will stop rambling now...

honestly, there is nothing in that story that is really interesting that I have not already heard many times before...

im not trying to be mean, just saying, you could probly throw in something a bit more unique than a raider killing scavengers... that stuff happens every single day in the Wasteland...

throw in some kind of twist or something

give your not named raider guy a reason he chose Jeff's parents as his target (mabe they are smuggling stolen Commonwealth technology to help a small settlement in the Wasteland fight back against the massive attacks of Super Mutants, Yao Gui, and Raiders... Mabe the raider guy wants that technology

or even better, mabe Jeff's parents are from a Vault, but left to the Wasteland to bring supplies back to the Vault (Vaultech didn't give them enough supplies) and they develope relationships with other wasteland traders and trade for supplies and stuff to keep the Vault alive. and the raider guy has been trying to get into the vault to make it his base, knowing that with the vaultech technology his right hand man and master machanic, could repair the weaponry (something cool, mabe ultimate power armor or awesome guns or even a tank) he has, so he can become the most powerful raider in the wasteland.

well, the raider guy finds out about Jeff's parents and hunts them down and tourtures them to get the Vault password, but they won't talk, so enstead of killing them, he knows a sure way to get them to talk. he leaves them captured at his raider camp and goes to find their son, Jeff, so he can use him as a hostage to make his parents talk...

and that is where the player comes in, Jeff comes running up to the player for help, and you can choose from sneaking into the raider camp and rescuing his parents and helping them escape, killing the raider guy, or stealing the raider guys cool weapon thing for yourself

ok, I will stop rambling now...

oh no no please continue rambeling i like your ideas alot. heres another one im thinking of.

the unamed raider guy (who i will call Bob for now to shorten the message) found them in the wastes. here he wasnt the leader of the crew his father was. so as a right of passage to be considered part of the "wasteland pirates" u must bring back supplies for the rest of the gang. "bob", "bobs" father (who was the leader at this time), and a few other raiders saw Jeff's parents walking through the wastes and attacked. Bob attempted to kill jeff's father but Jeffs dad put a gun to bobs head and right before he shot bobs father pushed bob out of the way and was shot. Jeffs dad then killed the few other raiders and he and his wife fled from the scene leaving bob and his dad there. bobs father then passed on the legacy to bob to control the wasteland pirates and his father then gave him the "special gun" which bob now treasures and never lets go of. Bob has now made it his duty to find a kill jeffs parents.

so later on while jeff and his parents were out in the wastes a raider scouting team saw them scavenging buildings. the raiders then ran back to "bob" and bob and his closest men attacked. this time they beat both jeffs parents but bob decided not to kill them but to take them back to headquarters and torture them so they suffer a horrible death. Jeff escaped and took a walkie talkie/GPS thing which is how how he knows where his parents are. he knows he cant take them on by himself so he sends u to go do it. from there u will infiltrate the raider base, eliminate the "wasteland pirates", kill "bob" (or possibly spare him if i felt like making that a option) and take his weapon and save jeffs parents. if saved jeff and his parents then join the trade route and walk around like lucky, doc hoff, crazy wolfgang, and crow as traders. Jeff of course gives u a reward and his parents give u a major discount on all theyre items.

How about that? i sorta like that idea.

I still think you need a bit more of a reason to WHY the Wasteland Pirates attack Jeff's parents

Raiders attacking scavengers is too much of an obvious given to make a great back story

however, it is always a good idea to take such an obvious cliche and use it to you advantage...

Jeff's parents need some sort of secret, and Jeff tells you the story about it just being Scavengers being attacked by Raiders, because he wants to keep the truth secret, or possibly he doesn't know how deep the story goes because his parents kept it a secret from him...

so the player goes into the mission assumeing it is a straight foward kill some raiders, save some innocent people, but is supprised as the plot unfolds to involve a much grander plot of the true heroics of Jeff's parents, as well as discovering that Bob is not as much focused on revenge for his father's death, but has the much more lofty goal of becomeing the most powerful raider in the Wasteland

The whole idea I am trying to get at here is that you can't have such a straight foward mission, where you are told you mission, you know what to expect, and that is exactly what happens... that is boring

You need to trick the player into thinking "hey, I know whats going to happen, I just need to save this kids parents from some pissed of raider" but then turn things into something much deeper where the player is like "wow, I didn't think this simple scavenger was that immportant at saving (insert large group of people here)" and then you really need to turn things around by haveing Bob not be just some old ordinary raider, he has to have ambition

Bob should want to get his hands on some sort of info that Jeff's parents are some kind of gaurdians of

weather they have the code to get back into a Vault, or they have the key to some long lost of Commonwealth technology, or mabe Jeff's father is a former Enclave member that left for some reason, probly to hide the same technology Bob is after from Colonel Autums evil hands

it would make Jeff's father almost like the Frodo character (The Lord of the Rings for people that don't read books), carrying the burden of this powerful evil to make sure it doesn't destroy the world...

But somehow, Bob knows of this power, and wants to use it to become the most feared raider in the land, but not because he wants to be legendary, but because Raiders are simple minded, and just follow whoever has the most power, and this power would make Bob the most powerful. So Bob could be the one true leader that could bring together the masses of raiders into one organized force

and I don't have to tell you how dangerous it would be if he had control over all the raider armies scattered across the Wasteland, not even the Enclave could match that, he could raise his own dictatorship driven kingdom and make the people of the waste his slaves

But you would also want to bring at least a bit of sympathy to Bob's side, so mabe do like the guy from the Pitt (if you have played that DLC yet) He is doing this horrible thing and enslaveing people, but it is to bring about an advancent in human culture, take the tribal groups that are keeping humanity in such a primitive state, and combine them and successfully stop the fighting between people and mabe wipe the Supermutants and Ghouls (at least the Ferel ones) out of Washington DC, and start a new capitol for the United States of Bob

but ya, I've got some more ideas if you want to tell me what direction you want to go

it is funny, I am much better at takeing someone elses idea and running with it, than I am at comeing up with my own stories...

I still think you need a bit more of a reason to WHY the Wasteland Pirates attack Jeff's parents

Raiders attacking scavengers is too much of an obvious given to make a great back story

however, it is always a good idea to take such an obvious cliche and use it to you advantage...

Jeff's parents need some sort of secret, and Jeff tells you the story about it just being Scavengers being attacked by Raiders, because he wants to keep the truth secret, or possibly he doesn't know how deep the story goes because his parents kept it a secret from him...

so the player goes into the mission assumeing it is a straight foward kill some raiders, save some innocent people, but is supprised as the plot unfolds to involve a much grander plot of the true heroics of Jeff's parents, as well as discovering that Bob is not as much focused on revenge for his father's death, but has the much more lofty goal of becomeing the most powerful raider in the Wasteland

The whole idea I am trying to get at here is that you can't have such a straight foward mission, where you are told you mission, you know what to expect, and that is exactly what happens... that is boring

You need to trick the player into thinking "hey, I know whats going to happen, I just need to save this kids parents from some pissed of raider" but then turn things into something much deeper where the player is like "wow, I didn't think this simple scavenger was that immportant at saving (insert large group of people here)" and then you really need to turn things around by haveing Bob not be just some old ordinary raider, he has to have ambition

Bob should want to get his hands on some sort of info that Jeff's parents are some kind of gaurdians of

weather they have the code to get back into a Vault, or they have the key to some long lost of Commonwealth technology, or mabe Jeff's father is a former Enclave member that left for some reason, probly to hide the same technology Bob is after from Colonel Autums evil hands

it would make Jeff's father almost like the Frodo character (The Lord of the Rings for people that don't read books), carrying the burden of this powerful evil to make sure it doesn't destroy the world...

But somehow, Bob knows of this power, and wants to use it to become the most feared raider in the land, but not because he wants to be legendary, but because Raiders are simple minded, and just follow whoever has the most power, and this power would make Bob the most powerful. So Bob could be the one true leader that could bring together the masses of raiders into one organized force

and I don't have to tell you how dangerous it would be if he had control over all the raider armies scattered across the Wasteland, not even the Enclave could match that, he could raise his own dictatorship driven kingdom and make the people of the waste his slaves

But you would also want to bring at least a bit of sympathy to Bob's side, so mabe do like the guy from the Pitt (if you have played that DLC yet) He is doing this horrible thing and enslaveing people, but it is to bring about an advancent in human culture, take the tribal groups that are keeping humanity in such a primitive state, and combine them and successfully stop the fighting between people and mabe wipe the Supermutants and Ghouls (at least the Ferel ones) out of Washington DC, and start a new capitol for the United States of Bob

but ya, I've got some more ideas if you want to tell me what direction you want to go

it is funny, I am much better at takeing someone elses idea and running with it, than I am at comeing up with my own stories...

wow very good at taking another story and making it 100 times better then it would have been. i see what your saying. heresa few more traits we should give "Bob" and a little more backstory u can run free with

jeffs parents were enclave commanders in theyre mid 20's, thinking the enclave was going to be a good thing to help the wastes. out in the wasteland is a small underground enclave base where the enclave held different tests to dangerous to hold at raven rock. while working there Jeffs parents help the enclave in many many different tests including the main one to this story line.

"The Wasteland Generator"

what is does is harvest a enourmous amount of power from power cells and then use all that power to create concentrated beams which could create as much devestation as a nuclear explosion without the side effects. it could also create different weather patterns by firing the bean into the sky moving the atmosphere and creating different weather effects.

Because Jacks father helped in order to activate it there were 3 different peices which when the evacuation of the base came due to a major gas leak the 3 main enclave workers working on this project each took one. the 3 different people being Jacks father, Gregory Hills (a enclave officer), and...Bobs father. After Jack took the piece he realized the dangers this could have and vowed to never give up the piece while he was alive.

Gregory died in the secret base due to the gas.

and the final piece of the machine was installed into the "weapon" bob was givin by his father.

Bob knows what this can do and what he can control with this. so on top of revenge he wanted to control it. By already containing one piece and gaining another from jacks father AND the other one still being in the base he could gain all 3 and then take control of the wasteland and become the most powerful man alive.

BUT recently the enclave want to reclaim that technology and are sending a squad back there to retrieve the machine.

So once you find out u then try to collect all 3 pieces. u dont meet jack for a while.

u gain the piece when u find his Jacks dad...Dead and his mother alive. you free his mother who tells u she overheard them saying where they were going. when u get there and find the base u go in to find the toughest raider gang, AND the enclave both struggling for power to gain the machine (by now the gas has passed after all these years). u then join in the fight and eventually find the piece still held by gregs skeleton. after acquiring those 2 u find Bob in the room with the machine. where u and him have a epic power struggle for the machine.......

feel free to continue from there

I like the idea of it being a three way battle, Enclave vs Raiders vs You

but as far as Jack's father, I think it would be cool if he was part of the Enclave when they completed the machine, but when he heard of how the Enclave was going to use the machine he has spent so much of his time creating (with the good of the people in mind) he decided he had to defect and hide the peice that was neccessary for the machine to run

mabe him, Bob's father, and the other Enclave guy were all freinds back then, and made a pact to each take one peice, so if one got captured, the other two would still be missing

Bob's father doesn't want to use the machine, but after his father dies, Bob decides he needs power in order to not meet the same fate as his fathe and all the other raiders and humans in general

The other enclave guy doesn't want the machine to be used, but also doesn't want to leave the Enclave, so he just hides it and continues his Enclave stuff, but it is later found and he is imprisoned in the Enclave base

But anyways, the whole reason Jack's father, Bob's father, and the Enclave guy took the peices the begin with is...

they origonaly helped build the machine, and were going to use it only to destroy all of the Super Mutants, but then the Enclave started makeing plans to use it as a weapon of terror to desroy other human factions such as the Brotherhood of Steel, and make the humans all join them out of fear, treating all non-pure bloods like third class citizins and bringing in a whole new age of tyrany to the world

Realising the horific things that could be done with their machine, the three make their plan to keep it from ever being used

Bob's father becomes a raider, Jack's father becomes a traveling salesman, and the other guy stay with the Enclave

The whole thing goes good, untill Bob's father dies and Bob wants to take that power for himself (it would be a creepy twist if he somehow left his father for dead or something because he is a sick person like that, and wanted power that bad, but that is up to you)

yhea thats what i was saying. they took the pieces so the enclave or anyone else could use it. and the 3 enclave guys were friends.

as for the rest i agree completely of course i dont know if the third guy (not one of the fathers) should be dead or not when u find him.

btw u have given me so much feedback that i know consider u "co-maker" of this mod lol.

ANYWAY

i think that bob should be the next hitler and he did actually kill off his father. he plans on using the machine to destroy all the main powers, super mutants, enclave, and brotherhood of steel and threatening cities and towns like megaton with it. thus making him absolute ruler of the wasteland. so technically speaking bob is pure evil, while his father, was half and half, nuetral karma if u will.

of course to destroy the machine u need all 3 of the pieces also. SO regardless u do get the gun. but i was thinking. maybe jeffs mother, and jeff himself will install all 3 pieces in the gun he had to make it powerfull but because it isnt that big as the machine it cant do that much damage. like a super laser rifle sort of i guess.

i love how it started off as a predictable, easy mission, to a long intriquite deep, important mission.

btw u have given me so much feedback that i know consider u "co-maker" of this mod lol.

well, I can be a co-wrighter, but I really can't help you make anything, since I don't know how to make a quest mod... all I can do is make 3d models, and I am currently working on other stuff, and the crazy details that will be needed for your machine are a bit beyond what I can do at the moment

plot wise I can help, and if you need some new meshes that arn't too complex I could probly get that done too

well, I can be a co-wrighter, but I really can't help you make anything, since I don't know how to make a quest mod... all I can do is make 3d models, and I am currently working on other stuff, and the crazy details that will be needed for your machine are a bit beyond what I can do at the moment

plot wise I can help, and if you need some new meshes that arn't too complex I could probly get that done too

yhea haha thats what i meant. and i know the machine is gonna be a pain but....I MUST MAKE IT lol