StarField in to... StarCraft?

Hadrijan

Ok, I know it's mostly just my pipe dream.

But we all know that once the mod tools are out, creative and ingenious mod groups will try their hands on completely recreating the game in to something more a kin to their desired vision.
I can already see the years long projects of bringing Star Wars and Warhammer universes to life in the StarField engine and it's "platform", why those two? Well they are the most popular and well known franchises out there so no matter what I write further in my post I know those two will be the most popular to be brought to life.

But what I want to suggest and well, discuss on this topic is the possibility of bringing the brilliant setting of Blizzards StarCraft RTS universe to life in a new RPG setting based on the StarFields engine and game assets. And unlike the two most popular before mentioned universes, this one would be much simpler(And in my opinion better option) to actually create in that engine.

And since the setting of SC is only about a hundred or two years ahead of StarFields the technologies are of the two settings are mostly the same, requiring minimal changes if that.

From combat to ship building to companions and space exploration its all already mostly done with basic components and assets needing minimum overhaul, well comparing to a setting like StarWars.

It's set in a arguably small region of space similar to StarField, the Koprulu sector, with many big and small factions, from several colonial governments, UED remnants, pirates, rebels, mercenaries and so on.

The setting is true space wild western and frontiers that we all wanted and expected StarField to be.

You have the psycher gene that could work as the player having "powers"a kin to the Starborne ones.

Multiple star systems ravaged by war and rebuilding and in need of an adventuring captain to give it help.

And multiple enemy variety in the form of zerg alien hive mind creatures with space fairing capabilities, giving you even more combat varieties in space not only on the ground as you fight these monstrosities both on land and air. In addition you could also fight the mysterious protos that could work as those hard challenging fights and a source for powerful advanced alien technologies.

Having locations set both in derelict space stations, abandoned science facilities and ravaged colonies both from the civil wars and those infested with the Zerg, exploring and finding lost technologies and secrets.

---
Optional ideas, would be:

Implementation of Power armour system from FO4, giving you the SC Space Marine visual.

Larger ships to encounter and or fight like BattleShips and cruisers.

Implementing vehicle for ground exploration such as the hover bikes from SC1

---

Really curious to discuss this with anyone willing to chat about it, asking questions and answering them t the best of my abilities.