Fallout TTW need help with NVR3R, YUP and some questions

Wolf382

So i been installing a mod called (TYPE4 - Body and Armors) and i love it specially when it got rid of that weird neck thing,

neck seam i think its called but i also like the picture that is show and i want my game to looks the same, i found Nexus Collection he made (NPC Overhaul) but im using MO2 so i just follow what mod there is with this list on the Collection but i stumble some problems and worried.

1 so the first when i launched game i got a error called (NVR3_UncutWasteland.esp is required files: - Uncut Wasteland.esm) so i install a mod called (Viva New Vegas Resources) and (Uncut Wasteland) sens it didnt work just with one i dont know why but it works i got in the game.

2 when i load in to a save i got a message;

(- Incompatible mod! TTW has detected you have the New Vegas version of YUP installed, this mod is incompatible with TTW. Please remove it before continuing.)

but every thing looks fine, but i thought it would be best to remove it so i dont run in to a crash/bug when i try to remove that mod i just get a error on launched that i need YUP so i dont know what to do.

3 i am in mid-save but in (NVR3R - New Vegas Redesigned 3 Revised) say that i sould not use this in mid-save even tho it looks fin in game but i am a bit worried that i will suffer for it when i am gonna run in to some crash/bug latter in game.

4 i dont feel my load order is in correct order sens i just place stuff were i think i will work but here is my mod list (https://pastebin.com/jGcrM0eV) it not many mod just a few i like it simple.

i feel like i dont know what to do any more and i just dont know how to fix so could sombody help me and answer questons im sorry i know im asking a lot but im completely stumped what to do.

also i am sorry for bad writing i still struggel with dyslexic :b its just hard for me to write correctly, i did my best to write this out hope it explains what i am struggling with.

The plugin was missing a required master file which provides needed references. If you were able to get into the game; you found and enabled the required master successfully.

TTW has its own version of YUP:
"As of TTW 3.2, it has its own version of YUP maintained separately from this on the TTW site which you should use only."

I wouldnt recommend doing this until you do what I mention in 4:

The best advice I can give is to learn to use FNVedit:
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34703/
In particular its ability to show conflicts but also to create conflict resolution patches.
It has a bit of a steep learning curve but a couple youtube videos and some messing with the software and you will have confidence in your load order that will carry over to other games like FO4 and Skyrim as well.

Another thing that helps with this is The Method:

https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/6-themethod.html
You don't need to do "the method" although I recommend it, whats important is reading through what it is and understanding how plugins are overwriting eachother and how BSAs are overwritten by loose files.

Once you learn Xedit / FNVedit and have an understanding of "the method" you will know exactly what is going into your game and which plugins should be placed after others.

Edited by listenwater4

The plugin was missing a required master file which provides needed references. If you were able to get into the game; you found and enabled the required master successfully.

TTW has its own version of YUP:

"As of TTW 3.2, it has its own version of YUP maintained separately from this on the TTW site which you should use only."

I wouldnt recommend doing this until you do what I mention in 4:

The best advice I can give is to learn to use FNVedit:

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34703/

In particular its ability to show conflicts but also to create conflict resolution patches.

It has a bit of a steep learning curve but a couple youtube videos and some messing with the software and you will have confidence in your load order that will carry over to other games like FO4 and Skyrim as well.

Another thing that helps with this is The Method:

https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/6-themethod.html

You don't need to do "the method" although I recommend it, whats important is reading through what it is and understanding how plugins are overwriting eachother and how BSAs are overwritten by loose files.

Once you learn Xedit / FNVedit and have an understanding of "the method" you will know exactly what is going into your game and which plugins should be placed after others.

okay thank you! but when i take away yup and launcher the game it give me a error saying i need yup and i cant play the game.

i been toying with the FNVedit for a all day and watch YouTube but i don't get it the more i use it the more confusing i get, is there a easyer dyslexic friend verson xD a way work around all that reading i clearly dont get it

The only thing I can think of is that you have a mod that requires the original New Vegas YUP.

If you disable New Vegas YUP (there is both an ESP and ESM) you will see a red triangle next to any plugins that require YUP on the right pane in Mod Organizer (leave YUPTTW.esm enabled, TTW comes with this plugin by default)

If there are any mods that have this error you should be able to find versions of them that are compatable with TTW.

Without using the correct YUP for TTW you can expect to see many bugs throughout your game so I definitely recommend fixing it.

Example of a plugin missing a master:

Untitled.jpg

As for learning Xedit, it just takes time and patience. You will figure it all out eventually if you stick with it.

It's also not essential with a short mod list but to answer your op; Xedit is the only way to have confidence in your own mod load order.
You can use other peoples load orders to avoid this worry or you can use wabbajack

Edited by listenwater4

i thought that i should give a update just in case sombody else going the same road like me,

so i try learning more about Xedit and FNVedit and sadly i gave up but i thought i still need to need YUP even ttw have YUP sens it say i still need it so i did some search and i stumble across this mod

(Two Wastelands Redesigned - TTW - Project Beauty and NVR2) so i i got rid of yup and the rest and i only installed this one and it works smoothly, (remeber to grab main and the Optional)

if you wonder what my load order still the same mess but i guess if havent crashed yet i guess its fin

also her is my load order if you wondering (https://pastebin.com/T5uqY5vk)

one more thing, i don't know if you need these mod that i had in my load order but i got rid of them in my new mod order and everything looks fin for me and it didnt give me any error.

1 Uncut Wasteland

2 Viva New Vegas Resources (For Uncut Wasteland fix?)

3 FCO Reduced (not sure what this does i dont see anny different)

not sure if you need them or not but so far i dont see any problems

i also want to say sorry to listenwater4

it just simply take way to much fork for a dyslexic person to understand Xedit and FNVedit i just could understand it, it felt i went further a way then what my original gold it was just simple modding list but i guess nothing easy when modding a old game, but thank you for given me information and a bit understanding and given me the idea of a workaround. :laugh: i appreciate it!

Edit: also i definitely giving Wabbajack a shot next time im moding somting. :laugh: