Guys, pls could you help. Crashed whilst entering Helgen Keep intro se

TonyTurbo78

Hello all.

I decided to start playing Skyrim again after reinstalling to my SSD as I bought this drive a while back. I previously had Syrim and a 100 or so mods installed on HDD but that is just a backup drive now. Now, what happens is when proceeding through the intro scene, then running from the dragon, upon trying to enter "Helgem Keep", my game gets stuck on the loading screen. The music continues to play, I can see the smoke whisping around the screen and my level bar is displayed top right but it fails to load into the interior and I have to end process in task manager because Skyrim states its not responding. What would be the best way to provide you all with enough info on the mods I'm running/or what would you suggest I look at disabling with NMM as a starter to try and get it loading? I'm using all the mods from Skyrim Tuners Realvision page, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?

Now I know this config works because this is what I've ran before. I've been running Boss, I've cleaned all dirties with TES5edit, I've literally spent 24 hours trying to get this to work. I've been disabling mods in NMM but nothing seems to get me into the interior. I'm really looking for a bit of advice.

Kind Regards

Tony

Edited by TonyTurbo78

The Helgen sequence is heavily scripted and does not work well with some mods. It is a tutorial, and there is really very little you can do except follow the script until you exit the cave. Cosmetic mods seem to work fine - but snything with scripts can cause wacky problems. Turn off all of your non cosmetic mods until after you exit the cave - And, before adding mods - make a permanent save here. This is where the game actually starts and the tutorial ends.

Ok got it sorted, finally got through Helgem Keep and Intro by removing alot of the mods, then reapplied them once in the game proper. All seems good now, the only issue I have no though is I have a strobe lighting effect happening in extremely well lit areas. So, for argument sake, when I look at very bright wall, or the sky constellation from one of the mods, because its such a bright area, I get a flickering strobing effect. I have AA and AF turned off in CCC, and also from the launcher menu options. I'm just running 16x AF and EdgeDetect AA from the ENB menu when running the game.

Any ideas?