Might create a DDS-file converter/utility. Any feature suggestions?

There's a great library for python that seems able to wrangle almost any image format. It also supports DDS, so I figured it could be an interesting challenge to create a more friendly and up-to-date DDS-utility than the ones out there.

Any suggestions for features are welcome. How about a real-time (game-time) converter for instance? Just to get you going...

(It's the Pillow/PIL library)

I dont quite understand exactly what functions of the converter you mean... But is it possible to create a utility for batch assembly of uv animations? All similar tools that I have come across do not work. In general, a tool capable of collecting animation in the form of 4k, 8k textures from frames in bmp, jpg, or png format would be incredibly useful. Nothing gets on nerves more than creating uv animation by hand, frame by frame, in Photoshop.

Functions could be anything that relates directly to conversion (batch, automated edits) indirect such as UI (drag'n'drop), or external things such as monitored hotfolders, to give a few examples. Regarding capturing images from animations, do you mean it should have an internal renderer or you will provide the rendered clip and the utility extracts the images and does useful things to them? In any case, I will for sure look into it if you give me a little more info.

Functions could be anything that relates directly to conversion (batch, automated edits) indirect such as UI (drag'n'drop), or external things such as monitored hotfolders, to give a few examples. Regarding capturing images from animations, do you mean it should have an internal renderer or you will provide the rendered clip and the utility extracts the images and does useful things to them? In any case, I will for sure look into it if you give me a little more info.

No, simpler functions. Many video editors can parse videos into frames and save them, for example in bmp. So I have for example a folder "Smoke" where there are 68 frames in bmp. I need the dds converter to be able to automatically create a texture, for example 4096x4096... And tile this texture with these bmp frames from the "Smoke" folder, size 512x512. To get 8 frames horizontally and 8 vertically. From left to right, top to bottom. Such textures are widely used in 3D and are called uv animation. In 3ds I can assign a material with this texture to any mesh. By making the uv mesh as one frame of this texture, I can shift the uv coordinates of the texture every 4 frames, for example. The result is an animation recorded on the surface of the mesh.In fo4, for example, the fog in the game is done this way. These are just meshes with uv animation of the bsEffectFx material. Or the TV, or all the videos in the game. In general, this is widely used and there are no normal tools for this.

OK now I understand. That should be no problem. Adding that to the TODOs.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/m7zKgVOAo76vKQ

Great. I will be very glad if such a tool appears. It will be possible to make a lot of animations. For example, beautiful underwater worlds, space, glass and domes with LED panels broadcasting views outside the window like in cyberpunk. Various effects, such as glass breaking, TV programs and TV broadcasts in the game, control panels, etc.

I suppose this is what you're looking for? Except with DDS, and the .atlas files will have to be something else. How is the image offset data transferred to the renderer during animation in the case of Bethesda games/Nifs? I mean, where is the data stored and in what form.

https://kivy.org/doc/stable/api-kivy.atlas.html

I lack minimal programming knowledge. I don't know how to use this. I need something simple, at the window or command line level. The UV animation is saved in the model itself. In our case in nif. From a 3D data point of view, there is not much difference between recording kinematics and recording uv animation. But I dont need any rendering functions, or 3D capabilities at all. 3ds max can handle this easily. I need functions specifically for working with textures. For example, a plugin for Photoshop. capable of automatically collecting one texture for animation from 32,64,128, etc. frames. Or some kind of shell in the form of a window into which I can throw, for example, 64 bmp files, click Collect and it will compile me dds 4k with 64 frames.