Need help. Scripting keeps failing to compile.

RayoftheSun

This is what I meant. I renamed Z100_ShipmentInjectionsScr to ShipmentInjects. To be clear I didn't just rename the Z100 file. I renamed the file the script points to in the start. The name of the new script created through the CK.

image.thumb.png.0dcca278e60e91bf2ab25449c9f35066.png

Edited by RayoftheSun

10 hours ago, b3w4r3 said:

I just went through this same issue, had to install the game on my laptop because my desktop computer had a hardware issue. Now on my laptop I could not compile anything. I did the steam move game option to my D drive and it moved everything properly (other then F4SE which i just reinstalled) all mods were moved along with the game and still work. Only had to re configure vortex to the new location. Now I can compile scripts.

I'm sure it's a permission issue with the Program Files x86 folder. On my old desktop it worked there but I made a lot of edits to that OS and probably disabled permissions long ago.

Don't copy/paste the game folder, let steam move it. It will be fine. Has to be a separate drive though, don't think steam will move to a new location on the same drive.  Though you could create a new partition and try that if you don't have another drive.

Alright. So I decided to reinstall Fallout 4. I tried to move it, but I got an error"Action cannot be performed because this game has shared data". So instead opted to uninstall Fallout 4 and backed everything up. After reinstalling everything, I still get the same issue. I installed my new Fallout 4 Folder in C :>Steam Master(Custom Folder) Can anyone here try compiling that script in the CK to see if it works for any of you? This way I can rule out if it is a problem with the script itself. 

I simply can't imagine how you're getting so many errors from only trying to save a single simple script in the CK, without your CK itself being horribly misconfigured in some way or a lot of missing files.

Can you try verifying the CK and getting rid of all settings?

7 hours ago, RayoftheSun said:

Alright. So I decided to reinstall Fallout 4. I tried to move it, but I got an error"Action cannot be performed because this game has shared data". So instead opted to uninstall Fallout 4 and backed everything up. After reinstalling everything, I still get the same issue. I installed my new Fallout 4 Folder in C :>Steam Master(Custom Folder) Can anyone here try compiling that script in the CK to see if it works for any of you? This way I can rule out if it is a problem with the script itself. 

Seems to compile for me...

script.jpg

3 hours ago, Fantafaust said:

I simply can't imagine how you're getting so many errors from only trying to save a single simple script in the CK, without your CK itself being horribly misconfigured in some way or a lot of missing files.

Can you try verifying the CK and getting rid of all settings?

Maybe this has something to do with why I am getting this issue. This is a very old video, but it says that the CK can sometimes run into an issue where the Payprus compiler points to the wrong file. I am going to try doing what was done in the video and check my settings. Also going to try this on another computer. 

2 hours ago, b3w4r3 said:

Seems to compile for me...

script.jpg

Maybe something is wrong with my CK configuration. I am not sure if it could be computer related. One of the first things I reinstalled the CK was to try seeing if script compiling would work. I verified it was not located in program files. Even set the CK to administrator. Same error. Gonna try a bunch of things.