help a noob modder. why is my character's hair floating above my chest?

DaenaTargaryen

I'm playing on my first character, and I'm pretty new to this whole modding thing. I downloaded a bunch of mods from here. I'm not the most tech literate person out there. My character looks fine from the front, but from the side, you can clearly see her hair floating midair, above the chest. How do I fix this? I'm using KS Hairdos and KS Hairdos HDT DMP Physics.  

Most static hair (non SMP) is made that way to ensure it doesn't clip into armor or the body (with more bustier gals). The only thing you need to do is to build the collision models for the KS Hairs SMP in Bodyslide to your preset and that will avoid clipping even more for those hairs.

1 hour ago, Hanaisse said:

Most static hair (non SMP) is made that way to ensure it doesn't clip into armor or the body (with more bustier gals). The only thing you need to do is to build the collision models for the KS Hairs SMP in Bodyslide to your preset and that will avoid clipping even more for those hairs.

Sorry to ask a stupid question, how do I do that? 

Well, this can be answered in different ways depending on what mods you use.

If you use CBBE, Touched By Dibella or BHUNP body mod then you should have already downloaded and used Bodyslide for that. Follow the same process to ensure Bodyslide builds the KS Hair collision files for your body type.

If you don't use any body mod, then you don't need to do anything.