Trying to start a modded multiplayer playthrough.

ZachTalon

So, this will be my first time playing with multiplayer on and with mods so do I need to do anything special to make sure I have no problems while playing like do me and my friend need to have the same mods downloaded to play or can we both have different mods going.

Hi ZanTalon

From my own experience playing modded multiplayer there are a couple of  things need to be the same:

First, you must all be playing on the same version of the game - e.g. pc, mac, xbox cannot play together. This is just the current situation with multiplayer, nothing to do with mods.

For mods, you will all need the exact same mods, installed in the exact same order, otherwise you will have issues connecting together. I recommend all having BG3ModManager, downloading the same mods, installing them in ModManager and dragging them from inactive to active at the same time, so you can get the order correct. Then export the order to the game.

(Some orders won't matter, but some definitely do, and I don't know enough to say which!)

I would also be interested to know if you find any mods which don't seem to be required by all players in multiplayer.

Good luck, happy gaming 🙂

Shinobilou