Vortex Issue - Disabling Plugins

knightnblu

Hello! I am using Vortex (current version) and I am having difficulty with installing the mods. I was running Skyrim SE with 514 mods and it was getting too large for the C:\ drive and I moved the installation to drive F: and began downloading mods.

The trouble is that each time I exit Vortex and run Skyrim SE, Vortex has disabled all of the plugins. The Skyrim SE is a Steam installation, although I don't know if that has any impact. Is there anybody that has knowledge of Vortex that can help?

DxDiag.txt

If it is what it sounds like it is, this is a common problem with people who choose to offload their game installations to folders other than the default installation locations.. Perform a widenet search on "installing skyrim into folders other than the default location"

Then follow the links and you'll likely find instruction on what to do to remedy the misconfiguration. There should be plenty of hits and plenty of useful step by steps

There is also the Knowledge Base selectable on the left side of the Vortex window, I found the following discussion of how to move the Vortex mod folder to a different drive ( 

).  If this is not enough, also search in the Knowlege Base proper through Vortex.  That might save you some time and link blizzard/bloat...