Unable to export to nif. files in Blender

Making my first body mod for Oblivion

I have the PyNifly plugin, as well as the Niftools addon, yet when I try to export my file as nif. , I am greeted with the error message at the bottom of this page. I am working on my first body mod for Oblivion, trying to edit/import/export models and such. 

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_niftools\nif_export.py", line 135, in execute
    root_block = self.objecthelper.export_root_node(self.root_objects, filebase)
  File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_niftools\modules\nif_export\object\__init__.py", line 104, in export_root_node
    self.export_node(b_obj, None, n_node_type=b_obj.niftools.nodetype)
  File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_niftools\modules\nif_export\object\__init__.py", line 216, in export_node
    self.export_node(b_child, node)
  File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_niftools\modules\nif_export\object\__init__.py", line 169, in export_node
    mesh = self.mesh_helper.export_tri_shapes(b_obj, n_parent, self.n_root, b_obj.name)
  File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_niftools\modules\nif_export\geometry\mesh\__init__.py", line 107, in export_tri_shapes
    polygon_parts = self.get_polygon_parts(b_obj, eval_mesh)
  File "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\io_scene_niftools\modules\nif_export\geometry\mesh\__init__.py", line 742, in get_polygon_parts
    face_map = b_obj.face_maps.get(bodypartgroupname)
AttributeError: 'Object' object has no attribute 'face_maps'

Edited by Evander98

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried to import a vanilla mesh and then export it without making any changes? Those errors look like something major not related to any work you may have done.

Where I see "Blender\4.0" does that mean you have installed Blender 4.0? I'm a noob myself but I don't think modern versions of blender will export to Oblivion. You might be able to do model work with newer versions but then have to use 2.49 to do the export. I've used This and there is also a portable version on the Nexus that works as well.