Attach Ref not working

Andyno

I followed this tutorial...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwtZNDgtrL0

... which is probably the easiest and straightforward tutorial ever... but it's not.

OK, when I use the same door as he uses (BldWoodPDoor01), it works as intended, but when I use some other door, it is not. I tested more of the doors, and here are the results:

WORKING - BldWoodPDoor01, BarnDoorSmL01

NOT WORKING - BarnDoorMedL01, RRBoxcarDoor01, TruckDoor01

So, can someone, please, explain to me, what is actual difference between these types of door? The only thing that is obvious to me is that working door are small, while those not working are big.

Maybe those .nifs don't have 'REF_ATTACH_NODE'. As far as I remember, that's necessary for ref attaching.

By the way, reference attaching is buggy. The developers seemingly left it in beta.. for doors it should be okay but other approaches may worth consideration as well if you'd like to bind refs extensively.

I just ran into the very same problem with the security doors yesterday. I looked at the NIFs and tried to compare them and it appears what Larann says might be the best explanation. What you could do if you really want to use these other doors is reworking their nifs, but that would involve some work.

• 2 weeks later...

Ofc there is a harder approach ..

Like using nifskope to make the extra object part of the nif(door)...but it  does require a bit of know how  since this is a moving object.

Thanks for replies, guys! I just noticed there's been an activity in this thread... my notifications are probably not working as they should...

I just ran into the very same problem with the security doors yesterday.

So, did you make it? Did you solve the problem?

I guess the solution is not so easy, like for example copy/paste the branch from working door to those that doesn't work...