Current Downgrade Methods Surrounding v1.6.1130 (Update Roll Back)

Arlodon

13 minutes ago, 7531Leonidas said:

Just one word of caution - I think that there will be another Skyrim update not too far in the future, if for nothing else than to repair the mess they made of the Steam integration.  That may make you start all over again for updated mods.

There will be an update (maybe in january?), but I think the only thing they will repair will be the DRM. All the SKSE mods will break again. I will stay with 1.6.640.

Edited by epinter

I have downloaded the three 1.6.640 folders with the Steam console, the last, the smallest contained the 1.6.640.exe.

I HAD to use the Steam console, No installation directions for Depot Downloader loose files.

As soon as each of the three downloads were done I moved them out and away from (D:) > Games> steamapps > content and in to this folder (D:) Skyrim 1.6.640.

I am assuming these files are just as good as having downloaded directly with the app Depot Downloader to the 'outside' folder.

There they will sit until I make my next move. Think I will stash a few copies of them.

4 hours ago, 7531Leonidas said:

Just one word of caution - I think that there will be another Skyrim update not too far in the future, if for nothing else than to repair the mess they made of the Steam integration.  That may make you start all over again for updated mods.

Thanks for the heads up! 👍

4 hours ago, epinter said:

There will be an update (maybe in january?), but I think the only thing they will repair will be the DRM. All the SKSE mods will break again. I will stay with 1.6.640.

Great to know your position on this! 👍

After downgrading to 1.6.640, the _ResourcePack.esl from 1.6.1130 is still in. Maybe we should use Nukem BEES for that with !.6.640. It may mess up your saves without it.

Nukems Backported Extended ESL Support

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106441

Thanks Nukem! You did this some time ago, wise and quick thinker IMHO.

downgrading SKSE 2.2.5 back to 2.2.3

Downgrading all the mods I updated for 1.6.1130.

Take out SkyUI SE Difficulty Persistence Fix for 1.6.1130 and downgrade back to SkyUI SE - Flashing Savegames for 1.6.640

**************************Happy New Year!************************

Got my 1.6.640 back up running and all the SKSE mods I had. Got good protection from updates as well.

Thanks for all the help epinter. Going on vacation or take a nap... LOL

Very nice, Arlodon!! Good work! Now you can enjoy the game.

The resource pack shouldn't be there on 1.6.640. You can delete it if you successfully downgraded. I think that is just because when you used the steam console, both versions was mixed... Anyway the ESL extended support is nice to have.

Just for you to know, depot downloader doesn't need installation, it's just copy it to a empty folder and run from command prompt or PowerShell. Maybe next time. 😀

Edited by epinter