Companion Armor and clothing.

Machsc

I'm looking for a Mod to change follower Armor and clothing. 

(I am rebuilding my mod list because everything broke from the 1130 update)

In my last playthrough I used consoles commands to remove Lydia's default steel armor, but when I dismissed her she would walk around naked.

I am not interested in a follower framework, I just want it to be as simple as FO3/FONV where the companion just puts on the best they have.

I'm looking at 

PDAF - Pick Default Follower Armor SSE_v3

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9704

Sounds good but it says I need to open Dialog to change the default.

When I tried Oblivion last year I got "Simple Horse Utilities" and loved it's simplicity.  I can get on my horse as normal, I crouch and "pick pocket" my horse to access the horses inventory.  It has a summon spell and compatible with horse combat... the Skyrim equivalent is "convenient Horses" and it is tedious having to open Dialog to talk to my horse to select "ride" or "inventory ".

The Oblivion version is much simpler and less tedious. 

I want the most simple option possible for making my companions wear the best armor I can loot.

When I search for "companion armor" or "follower armor" I get armor overhauls for better looking armors mostly for the "companions" faction.

Any mod suggestions?

I am on Skyrim AE 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deleted156503783

Maybe you can try Outfit NPCs (Inventory-Equipment), it is my to go to mod for this issue. This mod lets you change the outfits of all NPCs in the game (not only followers!) and is toggable with a spell or hotkey (not sure atm about the last one). But here's the catch: it again uses the dialogue system and is basically the same how you give a follower items in vanilla, you just get access to their default gear and can force them to wear whatever you give them lastly.

Not what you asked for, but maybe worth a consideration as it is the most simple version of NPC gear change I found and has even more power than changing just follower gear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 12:38 PM, Lindenblatt said:

Maybe you can try Outfit NPCs (Inventory-Equipment), it is my to go to mod for this issue. This mod lets you change the outfits of all NPCs in the game (not only followers!) and is toggable with a spell or hotkey (not sure atm about the last one). But here's the catch: it again uses the dialogue system and is basically the same how you give a follower items in vanilla, you just get access to their default gear and can force them to wear whatever you give them lastly.

Not what you asked for, but maybe worth a consideration as it is the most simple version of NPC gear change I found and has even more power than changing just follower gear.

Thanks. I took a 3 week break from Skyrim because I accidentally updated to 1130 around Xmas... with the 1170 update I will be getting my mod list working agian.