Skyrim SE Cannot start Dragonborn quest Fate of the Skaal

syntience

AE 1.6.640 https://modwat.ch/u/syntience

after completing temple of miraak, frea finishes her dialogue and leaves without starting the next quest. she just walks back to the village, unable to be interacted with, without talking to storn.

the uesp wiki even mentions this bug, but makes no mention of how to fix it. i've tried scouring google for answers, but nothing's worked so far.

i've tried reloading saves multiple times, even going so far as to load a save before approaching the temple and meeting frea, then going through the dungeon again, but to no avail. i've tried discovering the wind stone and skaal village myself and then using setstage dlc2mq03 0 and setstage dlc2mq03 10 to for the quest to start, but no luck.

i've spent hours trying commands, different sequencing of events, etc, but nothing. i kind of made progress by using completequest dlc2mq03, followed by setstage dlc2mq04 10 to just skip that quest and get to the next one so i can at least continue the story, and that did actually start path of knowledge & cleansing the stones, but for some reason the path of knowledge immediately shows up in my journal as completed, with no description, and the first objective (talk to neloth) uncompleted. so basically, questline's borked. console commands haven't been working so far and reloading prior saves didn't help at all.

i've asked around several times on reddit, steam and various discords, but have gotten almost no replies at all. i'm almost at the end of my rope here, is there anything else i could try to get these quests working?

Guest deleted65729341

First, delete all saves in which you experimented with console commands.
Second. Your list of plugins is so large that I cannot help remotely. You will have to independently use SSEEdit to determine which plugins can interact with this quest. It is not difficult. Open the DLC plugin, find a folder of quests there and use the quest id or quest name to find the one you need. Then check which plugins are overwriting the quest data. Green, Red lines. Copy the names of the plugins into your notepad, and then disabling them, try to load the save you are in before starting this quest.

I see only two options for this error. Either this is a plugin conflict, or the game is overloaded and has difficulty running scripts. Although, again, given that using the console command does not give any results, this is rather the first version of the error, due to which the game blocked this quest, considering it completed, but thereby not allow the quest chain to continue.

I can assume that the reason may be some kind of plugin that expands the capabilities of companions or a plugin that makes changes to Frea, but these will only be assumptions. It will be much more effective if you try to find the conflicting mod yourself.

added: I looked at the wiki articles and was a little amazed. Have you tried using other quest stages, such as 20/30? Next you write the quest id dlc2mq04... where did the next quest go? Cleansing the Stones (DLC2MQ03B)

You can't experiment with console commands without understanding what you're doing. You can simply break your game and then you will have even more questions than now!  I'm very angry now, but still I will leave a short list of commands with explanations of their functions. This will be better than trying something at random. But please be careful!

List of console commands for manipulating quests. ***

Spoiler

GetStage xxxxxxxx – shows the number of the current stage of the quest.
sqs xxxxxxxx – shows all stages of a given quest.
sqo xxxxxxxx – shows all tasks of a given quest.
sqt xxxxxxxx – shows a list of all stages and tasks of a given quest. Allows you to find out the numbers of all stages.
SetStage xxxxxxxx # – advances the quest to the specified stage.
movetoqt xxxxxxxx – teleports the character to the goal of the current stage of a given quest.
completeallobjectives xxxxxxx – completes all current tasks of the given quest.
sqv xxxxxxxx – shows variables for a given quest.
ResetQuest xxxxxxxx – restarts the specified quest.
CompleteQuest xxxxxxxx – successfully completes the given quest.

xxxxxxxx - quest id

# - the number of stage

*** - Before any experiments with console commands, be sure to create a control save!!! Once you know which command can help you, be sure to load your save and use only that one.

Edited by SweetKate