Changing hair color of children?

nordnemesis

So I was tinkering with sseedit and loaded up the donyakiin childrens overhaul to see if I could change the hair color of a few of the girls, because I wanted all of the girls I adopted to hve matching hair color.. It loaded up skyrim, hearthfire, and USSEP patch before the mod opened, but I was able to see the hair color of each child from all masters. I changed each of the ones to platinum blonde to match Runa's color, closed it out, it saved, I deployed mods to get the newest file to load. But in game the hair color seems to be hard coded, no matter what I try, Sofie's hair is always black, and Dorthe's hair stays black, even tho I wanted her hair to match her moms in game.. Anyone have an inkling of a suggestion that might be able to help me solve this? Thanks in advance..

I think that such data is 'baked' in once you start your game.  Did you try to enter the console, click on the child, and then use the console command disable, followed by enable?  The child should disappear, then reappear, especially if you exit the console after you hit the return key to actuate the command.  I think that there is also a more drastic command, but I don't know exactly what it is.

if you haven't try this, Simple Children. You want to take the TK Children mod and delete all other files and only install the folders that have .tri files. It might allow your children to work properly. It has a facegenforkids.esp that might fix your isue.

I am not qualified enough to tell you if you can only use the facegenforkids.esp and not the others. You likely need the entire mod BUT that comes with the improved children anyways. Sorry I cannot help directly fix your problem but if adding another mod to your list isn't an issue, this might help. Considering that it has to change the children for the mod to work, you might be able to adjust their look yourself. Possibly the hair color change will also take place after the mod install but I wouldn't be absolutely sure.

Don't forget to backup a save in case this mod suggestion doesn't work properly for you issue and you don't want it. Also read the mod description. It has the instructions for proper install.

OH BTW: CHECK Simple Children IN SSEEDIT! There's an issue with one of the kids that will cause your game to crash. Aventus Arentino. There's an error or null thing under his name that you have to delete. LOOT will tell you exactly what to do. Follow the link it recommends.