Specific plugins keep getting disabled every time I start Vortex

Antioch666

Hey!

I have used the last six days to re-install mods for Skyrim SE and have gotten my game to the point where I am satisfied with the stability, graphics and gameplay.

One thing annoys the fudge out of me though, and that is that Vortex is disabling seven specific mods every time I start it up, even though I have manually edited the plugins.txt and reactivated them mulitple times so far; and it just keeps doing it. The main mods deactivated are five follower mods, one blood and dirt texture mod and one add-on for Enemy Variation Wenches.

The folders in which the files are stored are NOT read-only, as I have changed that. Admin rights also in place. Is there a setting I can change so that they won't disable every time I start up Vortex?

It is not THAT big of a deal, because it is not gamebreaking in any way, I just do not understand why it does that and I can't find peace until I do xD

regards,

anti

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Similar but different situation.  My problem is not on startup, but on switching profiles.  The same 40 plugins keep getting disabled whenever I SWITCH PROFILES.  Follower mods, lighting mods, all kinds of mods are having their plugins disabled each time I switch.  It doesn't happen when I open or close Vortex.  Only during profile-switching.  

I did not find anything on Reddit or Google, but I played with Vortex.  

This problem started after I cloned a profile and then switched to the clone.  

When I created a profile that was totally new and not cloned, switching to the new virgin profile did not result in plugins being deactivated.  Switching back to the original profile did not result in deactivated plugins either.  

I have no idea what might be causing this problem.  It will probably resurface when I least expect it.

Edited by bigmoney242

• 6 months later...

Same here, sorry for my english, some plugins simply turn off when starting the game, some followers even one with mod clothing, activating them manually does not work, it only happens when starting the game so it is not vortex's fault, the Enginefixes problem is not either since I do not have it installed, I installed it later to see if it solved it but nothing.

@MokaccinoDobleWhat version of the game, version of SKSE, version of Vortex are you running?

Do you ever enter the Bethesda Mod Manager in the main menu Creation Club stuff?  That can cause load order problems, as the CC manager orders mods by its own rules.  There is an extension for Vortex to manage CC mods, it is Import From Bethesda.net.

4 hours ago, 7531Leonidas said:

@MokaccinoDobleWhat version of the game, version of SKSE, version of Vortex are you running?

Do you ever enter the Bethesda Mod Manager in the main menu Creation Club stuff?  That can cause load order problems, as the CC manager orders mods by its own rules.  There is an extension for Vortex to manage CC mods, it is Import From Bethesda.net.

The game is 1.6.1170 and the SKSE is 0.2.2.6, I saw the Creation Club and noticed that it sends me a message telling me that some files are missing for the mods to work but these mods had already been installed before and worked, I don't know what causes the forced shutdown of the plugins.