Problems With Skyrim Special Edition Creation Kit and Creating an MCM

OneOnOne1162

Hey everyone.

I've been a mod creator since all the way back in 2015. But I took a very long break from modding starting at the beginning of 2022. I'm trying to ease myself back into it a little bit but I'm kind of rusty. And I'm experiencing a little problem.

I'm trying to create an MCM for one of my mods. I've done this before so I know how it's done. But I'm experiencing some problems this time around.

I write in the script "Scriptname SiSiMCM extends SKI_ConfigBase" and everything compiles fine. But when I click on "properties" I get the message "Errors encountered while attempting to reload script." After that it does go to properties just fine, however I don't think all of them are there.

Again, I'm rusty, but I believe an MCM script is supposed to have a "Mod Name" property and a property having to do with the names of pages, no? Well, those are not showing up among the properties.

At first I thought I just did something wrong. So I loaded a different mod into the creation kit. Another mod I'd made which already had an MCM. And I tried to open that MCM's properties and I got the same error message and the same properties.

The thing is, with this second mod, the MCM shows up fine in the game. Completely normal.

So I'm not sure what the problem is here. Anyone have any idea?