(Skyrim SE) XPMSE/Improved Camera sheath sticking out over my shoulder when looking down in 1st person

Veinmire

Hello. So I've been getting back into it after 2 years and I've discovered quite an annoying issue, I presume it's been present the whole time I've been playing and has just become more noticeable after a change of FOV.

The problem is I've got the option in XPMSE to not have the dangling sword on my player (sends it more upright on the hip), but with Improved Camera you can see here that when the sword is equipped there seems to be something protruding from over my shoulder, like a sheath. This is only a problem in first person.

Changing to other settings gets rid of this (but causes other problems like the sword being too far from my hip) so it's definitely XPMSE, but whether there's some weird skeleton/mesh issue from ages ago causing problems I truly cannot tell, so I wouldn't even know where to start. I never had Joy of Perspective installed, just to get that out of the way because I know that mod can cause similar oddities. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Edit: I didn't figure out what was causing this, but in case someone is having the same issue, I have incidentally bumped into a workaround using Immersive Equipment Displays because it can actually simulate the "No more dangling swords" effect from XPMSE, even in first person. Set your sword placement in XPMSE to default, then in IED, go to view, gear nodes, then in the gear nodes window click actor, select your character then select placements and select Sword NMD (no more dangling). 

Hardly an elegant solution and that mod, while cool, is a bit of an eyesore (recommend changing the menu font size and theme in settings) which requires a lot of tweaking with, reloading and learning but it works.