Replacing a texture help?

UnapolMaker

basically what i would like to accomplish is taking this mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44509?tab=images) and altering one specific piece of it, the common room set, so that the walls are white while the ceiling retains the dark metal texture

i'm unsure if this is nessecarily possible since parts of the ceiling appear to also share the wall texture (based off how when I deleted the texture from the mod to force the game to use the vanilla white texture, parts of the ceiling also used vanilla textures)

Edited by UnapolMaker
typos

4 hours ago, RoNin1971 said:

You would need to split the combined trishape in 2 (with blender or 3DS and export to new nif). To separate the ceiling from the wall, so you can apply a different texture to the wall.

Darn, I think this one is outside my abilities, then. Thank you for the explanation! ^^

I could normally help you out for just one mesh, but Can't help you in this case, as you/I would need permission from the mod author. (you could only do it yourself, for personal use only, without it)

...but if you do have or ever get permission, I'm willing to split it up for you. (just the one. I do still have tons of work to do for my own mods)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoNin1971 said:

I could normally help you out for just one mesh, but Can't help you in this case, as you/I would need permission from the mod author. (you could only do it yourself, for personal use only, without it)

...but if you do have or ever get permission, I'm willing to split it up for you. (just the one. I do still have tons of work to do for my own mods)

That's okay, I appreciate the sentiment massively regardless! I'll definitely ask just to see! I think the original author is inactive, but still worth asking imo

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2024 at 11:12 AM, RoNin1971 said:

Hey, I know it's been a few months, but if you're still willing, I did get permission from the mod author to do this! PErfectly understandable if you're too busy now, though, I appreciate it regardless ^^ 

I am extremely busy with my vault pieces mod. Got a ton of work to do, and the TV series just added a truckload to that. (I'm working on turning the vault 111 tunnel pieces into the ones from the TV series. Amongst a heap of other stuff)

Having said that: I think I can squeeze in the splitting up of a single mesh 😉

On 4/28/2024 at 5:15 AM, RoNin1971 said:

I am extremely busy with my vault pieces mod. Got a ton of work to do, and the TV series just added a truckload to that. (I'm working on turning the vault 111 tunnel pieces into the ones from the TV series. Amongst a heap of other stuff)

Having said that: I think I can squeeze in the splitting up of a single mesh 😉

No rush or pressure whatsoever! Your own projects come first ^^ I appreciate the help a lot, so take your time when you're able! I look forward to seeing the new tunnel pieces!