Mod Request: Gear Framework

birdy2083

A framework. A mod which may not change the game on it's own, but will serve as a basis upon which less experienced modders could easily change the game.

I think every experienced modder/mod-developer knows what I'm on about already. There's already one for swapping the Pals' model/palate which, frankly, goes above and beyond anything I would have expected (But desperately needs mod-makers to build off of it!). Now the PC needs some love. Specifically, PC equipment.

There are several outfit-swap mods out there already, but I do not believe I have seen any which add new gear to the game, and there's several possibilities on that front if someone can figure it out. The Tower Boss' equipment, just as a base addition. Mods which don't have functional sliders could hook onto a universal one built in. Adding schematics to drop tables without reverting drop table changes made by other mods. Importantly, the framework would also have to return an appropriately powered base-game gear piece to server clients, so that it doesn't look like you're running around in your undies to all your buddies on the server.

This is, admittedly, an ambitious idea. But I think it could end up being a cornerstone in many Modders' build-lists if it comes to fruition.