After Hotfix #19, game freezing after character creator...

truth1essh3ro

So after hotfix #19, I can load my modded saves, and I can even load up the magic mirror just fine. BUT if I create a NEW character (seemingly only a MALE character), the game freezes during the cutscene, right as he's stepping out of the mind flayer pod on the nautiloid... just wondering if anyone else has found this issue, or has a fix for it. Thanks in advance! 

UPDATE: I finally got it to go past the nautiloid starting cutscene, but then now it freezes after the cutscene when he hits the beach... I'm wondering if it could possibly be a hardware issue of overheating... 

Edited by truth1essh3ro

I'm having the same issue too. After the crash on the beach I just get an infinite loading screen and the game is unresponsive. I tried lowering my graphic settings as low as possible and nothing helped. I'm using the same mods as before the hotfix 19 and it didn't break until hotfix 19 (I had started another game before hotfix19 and it ran fine). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thecryingcryptid said:

I'm having the same issue too. After the crash on the beach I just get an infinite loading screen and the game is unresponsive. I tried lowering my graphic settings as low as possible and nothing helped. I'm using the same mods as before the hotfix 19 and it didn't break until hotfix 19 (I had started another game before hotfix19 and it ran fine). 

so i guess its a mod that needs updating maybe... the odd thing is that i can load my previous characters in acts 2 and 3 and they operate just fine. it is so confusing and frustrating. if i find a fix, ill post it here.

• Like 1