Is anything known about the decision of the maker of "Appearance Edit Enhanced" to hide the mod?

tom23

Is this just a temporary thing? If so why not just leave it unhidden so people on old Patches can still use it?

Or is it because of the recent mods vs. Larian drama? (is it maybe never coming back?) 

Just asking questions. Hope it comes back soon.

1 hour ago, tom23 said:

Is this just a temporary thing? If so why not just leave it unhidden so people on old Patches can still use it?

Or is it because of the recent mods vs. Larian drama? (is it maybe never coming back?) 

Just asking questions. Hope it comes back soon.

Same here ;(

ImprovedUI ReleaseReady at Baldur's Gate 3 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Look at the description. Many Modders have decided to hide their games as they are unhappy with the communication between Larian and the modding community. Not sure if this is one of them but it very well could be as many mods I use have disappeared. Not sure how this will help anyone but that's the hand being dealt

2 hours ago, heaveygunner99 said:

ImprovedUI ReleaseReady at Baldur's Gate 3 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Look at the description. Many Modders have decided to hide their games as they are unhappy with the communication between Larian and the modding community. Not sure if this is one of them but it very well could be as many mods I use have disappeared. Not sure how this will help anyone but that's the hand being dealt

... and yet they punish mod users. Weird response. But ok.

• Like 2

They're unhappy that Larian has announced they will be supporting mods in the future but dont have the resources just yet so they're removing access to their mods to the playerbase that supports them? Good GRIEF

• Like 1

The mod authors are not punishing mod users, they're engaging in collective bargaining, and the only thing they have to bargain with is the fact that many of us *live* to mod our games.  So gamers get mad that they can't play the game the way they want, they complain to Larian, and *perhaps* Larian will be responsive to the modding community. Look at how many of us are out here posting on the  forums.  That's what the mod authors who "went on strike" want. For us to get behind them so that they can provide better modding and modding that affects more parts of the game. I, for one, would love to see expansions like the dozens that Skyrim players get, for example. 

1. this is in no way getting people behind modders it's just confusing them and making them annoyed at the modders 2. pretty sure a bunch of people complaining that modders are punishing the players for their demands is just gonna make Larian more defensive? like this isn't a strike in which employees of a workforce are demanding better rights or pay or something, this is a FANBASE making FANMADE CONTENT demanding inside knowledge on the development process of a game studio to better suit what they do. it's like if fanfic writers demanded authors gave them their drafts. now i do think it's fair of all players to want more quality control in patch/hotfix testing before releases cus tbh it has been a little insane in that front.

• Like 1

We should definitely support the mod makers and thank them for their hard work. It's up to the users not to complain all day and take responsibility when updating or even if you save breaks.

That said, I followed the whole drama for a bit and was appalled by the behaviour and fixation some people seemed to have. I get that getting disappointed when you're really invested in something is not cool and can turn a positive emotion really sour.

But you should limit yourself and  define some boundaries. You're not a developer, modding should be fun for everyone involved. Once that ceases to be the case, just quit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1