Jump to content

LsLib\Divine tools


truckpuller68

Recommended Posts

I was doing updates and got request from Vortex that LsLib\Divine tools had new version 1.19.4 I had 1.18.7 downloaded it new version and now i have bunch error message say i need to reinstall LsLib\Divine tool and cant read mods and if i updated a mod. re deploying all mods.  i have 2500 message  Failed to read pak Make sure have latest version  LsLib  by using the reinstall button of LsLib\Divine on Mods page. I need some help.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is an EXTREMELY high priority as its locking everyone out of playing with mods with your MM. I have 244 mods which are all up-to-date. Restarting the App does nothing but reset the error count. restarting your PC does nothing as well.

This is what it looks like

LSLIB causing problems after updating.png

LSLIB nothing.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

.NET programmer here. Of course this would be the problem. Somewhere, someone, forgot to make sure the new version of .NET was dependent on deployment of the new version of LsLib\Divine.

Edit: Just to add as a second voice, this does work. I have not verified that just installing the runtime compiler for .NET 8 instead of the whole SDK works.

Second Edit: Not sure about other mod managers, but you may need to re-install all mods in Vortex if you are still having problems in game with mods being missing after fixing the LsLib\Divine issue. I think the load order does not properly refresh itself after the fact. Re-installing each mod one by one seems to fix this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The same thing has happened to me today. I tried to download a new mod but suddenly got a bunch of notifications in red saying: "Failed to read pak. Make sure you are using the latest version of LSLib by using the "re-install LSLib/Divine" toolbar button on the Mods page."  I don't have very many mods, so I uninstalled them, uninstalled vortex and reinstalled everything, but it still didn't work.

Is this an issue with Vortex, a mod I installed or LSLib? Is there any way at this time to fix it permanently? I can't load the only save I've been playing since I first got the game and I'm worried I may have to start over :(

Also, for some reason it doesn't show me the version of LSLib I have installed, instead, it just says "0.0.0 ()" and when I click to select the version it only shows (default) as well at the "0.0.0 ()".

Screenshot 2024-03-23 214346.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.   I fully uninstalled all of my mods including LSLib.  I then installed the .NET SDK.   I then verified that I could start BG3 and load/start a game with no mods.   Once I  checked this, I then was able to load the new version of LSLib (1.19.4).  I then ATTEMPTED to launch BG3, and immediately crashed as I pressed play on the Launcher.  It doesn't matter how many mods I  have enabled, the game will not launch. 
Any help here is welcome. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2024 at 7:45 PM, SaltyMalt2510 said:

The same thing has happened to me today. I tried to download a new mod but suddenly got a bunch of notifications in red saying: "Failed to read pak. Make sure you are using the latest version of LSLib by using the "re-install LSLib/Divine" toolbar button on the Mods page."  I don't have very many mods, so I uninstalled them, uninstalled vortex and reinstalled everything, but it still didn't work.

Is this an issue with Vortex, a mod I installed or LSLib? Is there any way at this time to fix it permanently? I can't load the only save I've been playing since I first got the game and I'm worried I may have to start over 😞

Also, for some reason it doesn't show me the version of LSLib I have installed, instead, it just says "0.0.0 ()" and when I click to select the version it only shows (default) as well at the "0.0.0 ()".

Screenshot 2024-03-23 214346.png

You should definitely uninstall/remove all those lslibs. Did you install the .net sdk? Once the sdk is installed and you have a lslib looking correct, try Re-Installing each mod one by one through the Vortex interface.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2024 at 6:17 PM, raithyz said:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here.   I fully uninstalled all of my mods including LSLib.  I then installed the .NET SDK.   I then verified that I could start BG3 and load/start a game with no mods.   Once I  checked this, I then was able to load the new version of LSLib (1.19.4).  I then ATTEMPTED to launch BG3, and immediately crashed as I pressed play on the Launcher.  It doesn't matter how many mods I  have enabled, the game will not launch. 
Any help here is welcome. 

Are you using Vortex or another mod manger? Make sure you can run the launcher through steam and then the game from the launcher. Sometimes background things like 'redistributables' need to be installed. Then use your normal method to launch the game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2024 at 9:08 PM, dharh said:

.NET programmer here. Of course this would be the problem. Somewhere, someone, forgot to make sure the new version of .NET was dependent on deployment of the new version of LsLib\Divine.

Edit: Just to add as a second voice, this does work. I have not verified that just installing the runtime compiler for .NET 8 instead of the whole SDK works.

Second Edit: Not sure about other mod managers, but you may need to re-install all mods in Vortex if you are still having problems in game with mods being missing after fixing the LsLib\Divine issue. I think the load order does not properly refresh itself after the fact. Re-installing each mod one by one seems to fix this.

the second edit is what I've had to do after playing for a while and turning my PC off then coming back later to play again.  Not sur if there is a more convenient fix out there yet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...