[Modding Help] FO4 mesh UV unwrapping/ mapping

benuu90

Hi, I'm trying to replace the stars texture painted on skystars.nif to a photorealistic, actual constellations/  non-repeating texture . Any help ? I'm good with fo4edit & co, but I'm a total beginer in Blender/ UV map editing , etc

I looked up realistic textures of constellations, converted them to dds .. I installed Blender, niftools addon, I imported the mesh and I'm playing with the UV map...deleting the old one, adding new one and trying to re-cut the mesh for unwrapping different ways, I'm trying to superimpose the unwrapped UV map over the new images I want... but I run into problems: the exported nif doesnt save/have the texture reference... I imported the nif in bodyslide, added the texture reference, but it doesn't paint it either, doesn't save it either, and it's not painting it in the game either. the new textures I want work with the vanilla skystars.nif... but it's not UV mapped well, obviously. It has a boring, unrealistic, repeating pattern

Any help with  UV remapping? With why the textures aren't saving after editing in Blender, however crudely I'm doing it ? Or even easier, can anybody do this simple mod for me ? I'm an astronomy nerd pretty much... cant stand the fake stars/ constellations.. very distracting from gameplay

Anybody, anything ? Thank you

Edited by benuu90

Make a storyboard of the sky. You can use 4k textures with 64 frames at 512, or 32 frames at 1024. Or 8k textures with 128 frames at 512, or 64 frames at 1024, or 32 frames at 2048. For video storyboarding, it is best to use AVS Video Converter. It saves frames of any video as bmp, jpg or png. You just need to copy these frames into Photoshop and make an assembly. The animation should be seamless... For example, rotating the constellations 360 degrees. If you make a texture, I will make you any model with this uv animation. Any shape, size and any activation in the game.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/KgdI-A-j7caT9w