Mod For Casting A Spell While Attacking With 1H Weapon?

So I'm playing a spell-sword for my play through, and one of the most annoying game mechanics is that you are unable to cast a spell while swinging your sword, making the spell-sword gameplay kind of pointless. I am looking for a mod that will allow me to cast a spell while my 1H weapon is swinging, or vice versa. Is there any mods that open up the combat system like this? Just to add, I am NOT interested in linking spells to my weapons, I am simply looking for a mod that removes the block of being unable to use both simultaneously. Thank you!!

Maybe I am not exactly understanding your intent, but if I do, I do it. I don't think it works the same if using both hands for spells, as one has to swing a weapon, so I don't 'think' one can do them simultaneously, if that is what you want. But I swing with one hand and cast with the other in battles.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/92454

• Like 1

@Indio21 I definitely am looking for something that allows you to be simultaneously swinging a weapon and charging/casting a spell. It feels more realistic to me that you would be able to do both at the same time, instead of having to wait for the sword/magic animation to be over before you can use the other. In my opinion, the lack of ability to do this kind of defeats the purpose of having a spellsword playthrough because you can basically only use one at a time. I wasn't sure if they actually made a mod that could fix this or not, but I appreciate you looking for me!

Yeah, I am not exactly sure how that one works. I am doing my build and testing as I go, but added that mod awhile ago. In game testing they are quite close, next time I test I will try it more. Did you try it or read up on it?

• 1 month later...

Hey sorry for the late reply! Yeah I had already installed Dual Casting Fix previous to my post. I'm thinking the way I want to do things isn't possible with the engine honestly. I was looking for more of being able to do both at the exact same time, not staggered. I haven't come across any mods that do that specific thing, so I'm thinking it just isn't really plausible for Skyrim. Thank you!