Oopsie! My modded skyrim has script lag (YT video included)

Everytime I am outdoors and travel from 1 cell to another, weird stuff starts to happen... e.g. the grass in the next cell does not generate, I get crippling screen stutters, audio delay, creatures do not spawn, animations do not play (T-pose). In general it looks like scripts are being processed very slowly at that time and the game cannot process or keep up with my actions.

Additional info:

1. None of this problems happened when I first created my save, the problems started to happen as I continued playing and got progressively worst until it reached levels of unplayability.

2. I created another level 1 character with "Alternate Start - Live Another Life" and the same thing happens even with a new char, so it looks whatever is causing this is also jumping trough new chars.

3. Also this exact problem already happened a year ago in a diferent save with a similar modlist....  at the time I thought it was my CPU so I upgraded it but now the same s#*! happens with my new rig lmao, so is logical to say a mod or a combinations of mods are the ones responsible for this mess...

My modlist: https://pastebin.com/pYtCjcdd

My Specs:

- RX 6600 XT 8GB

- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core

- RAM 16 GB

- SSD 1 TERA

A quick video illustrating the problems:

My goal with this post is to found out what are the problems that are causing this to avoid it in future game saves 🙂

Edited by XxXPeppaSkillsXxX
final detail

Are you using Bethini? Has ugrids to load been changed? Exactly 'how' did you put that mod build together. Have you been using LOOT. Did you do CR through the build as you went. What have you done for troubleshooting steps thus far.

You can always turn off the mods in groups of like 5 to 10 and test along the way. When the issue quits, the problem is in that last group deactivated. Then, turn that group back on one by one and test after each until you find the problem one. This is kind of a last step after you already checked LOOT, etc for issues.

On 4/7/2024 at 5:21 PM, Indio21 said:

Are you using Bethini? Has ugrids to load been changed? Exactly 'how' did you put that mod build together. Have you been using LOOT. Did you do CR through the build as you went. What have you done for troubleshooting steps thus far.

You can always turn off the mods in groups of like 5 to 10 and test along the way. When the issue quits, the problem is in that last group deactivated. Then, turn that group back on one by one and test after each until you find the problem one. This is kind of a last step after you already checked LOOT, etc for issues.

Yes, I used beth.ini and tried different presets since I don't know exactly how the advanced options work.. also the same problem happened to me a year ago with another char and in that time I didn't use beth.ini at all. I don't use "ugird" tbh I didn't know of the existence of that program until now. Yes indeed I've been using loot throught all the process of modding and  helped me a lot with conflicts. I don't know what you mean by "CR" tho.

I tried to uninstall certain mods (not a lot) and the problem persisted, to troubleshot I created a new char but even a lvl 1 char had the same problems, I also dismissed my party of companions (lucien, sofia, vilja, lucien) but the problem still persisted... I tried to inspect my savefile with re-saver but I am still in the process of learning what to do with that program.

FWIW and take it as you like...

One thing(s) you can do to reduce bottlnecking is to turn off as many optional mod status message and/or logging generators (aka "debug mode" and so forth)  as possible in their respective MCMs, and stagger loop times for those mods employing them. (update <every N ticks>). Also, reduce the land-scope of any mods that use range-of-operation, like SMP, to reduce the likely loading of resources for character outside the immediate area. (ie, why should a guard located 500 ft away have SMP bouncy bouncy?)

CR is Conflict Resolution, as in using xedit. Well it seems this might be your lucky day as I just finished a lot of time troubleshooting why I have lag in my game.

My papyrus log showed three issues with skyclimb, even though the mod seems to work just fine in game. I also followed up on it and you can see it in the link below in the post for the directions on how to install it..........WAY down at the bottom of all those problem posts. I tried to reply directly to The Real Jon Doe, person who made the patch to keep it working, but I am not sure that is how nexus replies work on posts as his name was not tagged. It is here for you to read on the details https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/97253?tab=posts

Disabling skyclimb, along with removing a bad patch, did the trick for me. Hopefully The Real Jon Doe finds my post and it helps him, as I really like that mod! Let us know if it works for you so others in the community can find it.

Edited by Indio21