The state of capture rate modding

Wrathinside

Can someone explain what happened? Capture rate mods are quite integral to the modding of Palworld. It's like weight limit for Skyrim. And, from what I gather, there was only ONE developer making separate mods for human and pal capture rates. And he seems to be banned. However... these mods don't exist anywhere else, and since 0.2.1 - they break the game.

I tried asking on Steam, in Palworld Discord - as to whether the devs made some kind of change that prevents editing these settings. But no one has a clue. And I don't see any other posts about it, despite it being rather important. I don't care what exactly transpired between the developer and Nexus, because, but I am merely interested in the technical part.

Are players supposed to sink low enough to cheat engine or use whatever mods just break the game and give infinite resources or spheres - just to cope? If someone doesn't want to deal with sphere production, management and, most importantly - just throwing the dumb ball 10 times over to get to point B?