[Mod request] Valheim - "electrified" constructs

amcook1971

Hey there, folks. I'm really getting frustrated with mobs destroying my workbenches while I'm working on large-scale construction. I wind up spending most of my time running around the 50x50 area I'm trying to flatten having to kill boars, necks, and greylings that are hell-bent on destroying my workbenches. Once the project is finished, this won't be an issue, but I'm sick of having to constantly stop building or landscaping (which is, in itself, a massive time sink) and spend MORE time playing whack-a-mole.

Just to nip the usual advice in the bud, here are my answers to commonly-stated suggestions.

Yes, I can put walls around my workbenches. This adds even more time to an already very time-consuming job and the little shitheads will just whack on the walls anyway, trying to get to the workbench and I'd wind up having to play whack-a-mole anyway.

Yes, I can bury them in holes and cover the holes. I have NEVER been able to get this to work properly and have the ground around the hole remain flat enough for construction. I suppose I could spend 20+ minutes (or more) at each workbench location digging and flattening, digging and flattening, until the hole is just the right depth and the ground around it is flat, but again - HUGE time sink.

Yes, I could construct ballistas around my construction site. Besides being another massive time sink and requiring more resources to build all the ballistas than it takes to construct the building I'm working on, there is no way to make ballistas specifically target greylings - they don't drop any trophies. And having a swarm of untagged ballistas surrounding my construction site is a guaranteed recipe for disaster.

Yes, I could construct a network of workbenches surrounding my construction site to prevent them from spawning, but I would have to build them out to a radius of 128 blocks in all directions from my construction site. Between wildly-varying differences in landscape height, encroachment into other biomes where tougher mobs spawn, and the fact that I would need to construct literally hundreds of workbenches (all while playing whack-a-mole to keep the benches I've already constructed from disappearing), this is more frustration than it's worth.

Yes, I could tame a bunch of wolves and let them run loose around my property. That works extremely well inside a designated, walled-in area, but at an open construction site, wolves like to roam and I have no way to set them a patrol area. So, I end up having to play whack-a-mole when a boar is merrily chomping away on a workbench and the closest wolf is over 100 blocks away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I'd like to request is a mod that allows you to "electrify" your constructs. Add a bit of refined eitr to any construct, for example, and any mob that whacks it is suddenly dealt, say, 300 damage. The damage most pigs/necks/greylings actually do per hit is almost negligible, but when I'm busy working on construction on one side of the site and there's a f---ing greyling merrily whacking away on a workbench on the other side of the site, it's too far away for me to hear it - and the next thing I know, a whole LINE of workbenches on that side of the site are gone. I lost all three of my initial wisp fountains this way, and by the time I went to get more wisps, not only were the fountains gone but all the of mats had rotted - because the greyling had, OF COURSE, also destroyed the nearby workbench. I had to go back and re-kill Yagluth just to have my wisp fountains back. Now, I solved that issue eventually by putting my wisp fountains inside my walls, but if I had been able to "electrify" the wisp fountains in the first place, that would've solved the problem before it became a problem.

Does such a mod exist? I've tried looking through the vast expanse of mods here at Nexus, but either it doesn't exist or my google-fu is much worse than I thought. However, if it does notย exist, I humbly request that such mod be created. Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Edited by amcook1971
grammatical crapola