Overmodded Skyrim?

Noppius

So much information, so little time to read it all..... but i'm holding on :laugh:

And now i'm gonna ask a very very dangerous question.

What do you think is the best ENB considering my allready nice mod list and the fact that i should be able to "play" the game instead of waiting for the next "slide" to appear. ( you get what i'm meaning).

So what is your suggestion? Allready interested in RealVision ENB and Project ENB. But more suggestions are always welcome!

Also, is an ENB needed? I mean, they have wonderful things out there but there is always the performance hit. So could you get "almost" the same result with just a mod or 2??

That really depends on your machine. How much performance would you be willing to sacrifice? ENB can cost you 50% of your fps or more if you use all it's functions. Requirements for non performance RealVision - 3Ghz QuadCore and gtx 660 ti. The zENB performance cost me around 20% and I'm currently waiting for new v0.243, which is suppose to release next week. It's a very bright ENB and some prefer dark one with deep shadows.

You can always go with what chanchan5 posted, it shouldn't hit your performance much. The all in one solution would be RCRN (5% hit), but it really depends on for what kind of visuals you're shooting for. On top of that you can force SSAO with nividia inspector for nice immersive shadows, but at a price.

Quick update!

Did try to remove my ENB's but because i did that around 1 am, i must have done something terrible wrong 'cause Skyrim was not working anymore. My backup was also missing so i decided to start fresh again.

A new install by Steam has been made, i got NMM back up and running and SKSE updated and ready to roll. Did some searching in Gopher's vids to make sure i didn't forgot anything for the basic set up and now i'm slowly adding

mods again.

While doing that, i was looking at some "music" mods. I had Sounds of Skyrim installed (The Wild, Dungeons and Civilization) and that is a lovely mod. But i'm also looking at Audio Overhaul for Skyrim. Anybody here that has experience with the 2 mods and can comment on the differences?

Thanks and now back to checking my mod list :cool:

@BlackRose: not sure about ENB's at this point, trying to sort out my mod list first :laugh:

@chanchan05: thanks for the info, did some research about Audio Overhaul, watched some YouTube vids, and decided that it's not what i want. So gonna stick with Sounds of Skyrim.

@Moraelin: another one added to the To Do List :thumbsup:

After my "stupid" incident, i have come to this for graphics mods:

• Better Dynamic Snow
  • A quality world map
  • aMidianBorn Book of Silence (Armor, Creatures, Unique Items, Weapons)
  • aMidianBorn Imperial Forts
  • aMidianBorn Landscape
  • Belt-Fastened Quivers
  • Better Males
  • Better Torches
  • Detailed Rugs
  • Dimonized UNP female body
  • Enhanced Blood Textures
  • Climates of Tamriel
  • Pure Waters
  • Real Girls Realistic Body texture for UNP
  • Ruins Clutter Improved
  • Skyrim HD 2K Textures (Dungeons, Landscape, Misc, Towns, Riften)
  • SMIM
  • Enhanced Light and FX (ELFX)

These are all installed and sorted. I have some mods on my list that i'm wondering if i should install them also.

And here is that list. Any comments are welcome (suggestions, idea's or maybe some other "must have" mods :woot: )

• Birds and Flocks
  • Book Covers Skyrim
  • Detailed Terrain and Tree LoD
  • Hybrids HD Plands and Herbs Retexture
  • Immersive Armors
  • Immersive Weapons
  • SkyFalls and SkyMills – Animated Distant Waterfalls and Windmills
  • The Beauty of Skyrim (Caves and Mines + Dungeons)

And once more, thanks for all the help people!!

Edit: i'm gonna start a new thread for some more input, so i will thank you all for the input so far and feel free to still comment here!!

Edited by Noppius