Please explain how this happens.

Guest deleted194113433

Guest deleted194113433
Posted (edited)

Here I am, trying to shoot a bandit, but my arrow hits the rock I'm not even aiming at. Here's the video to show it.

I have no mods that change the behavior of archery in the game. This always happens when I aim down and there's something below me. Why is it that when I play a Bethesda game, there's something wrong with how aiming and shooting works? I have problems with aiming in FO4, where I can't hit something I'm aiming at. Here's a video that shows what I mean. The dead ferals you see are the ones I killed trying to get that clip because it's random when that happens. I don't get it, either.

Edited by CrowOfItachi

I found this article that explains the "why it happens"

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/52111

(even has a graphic to show what's going on.)

It seems to me that some mod update had/has a fix for that, since I no longer experience it, (as of maybe a year or two ago), although I can't recall which mod update provided it. Looked in my install list for anything that was obvious but didn't see a "fix downward aiming bug patch" or anything remotely similar, so it must have been some ancillary change included with one of the mods I update occasionally.

Maybe have a look at the various patch compendium mods. 

edit:  a little later...

.... well, after bothering to read a bit in that link, and reading the responses, I re-discovered where I obtained that patch. SSE Engine Fixes