I/O Error "Disk access failed repeatedly...."

"Disk access failed repeatedly. If this is a removable disk (like a network or external drive), please ensure it's connected. Otherwise this may indicate filesystem corruption, you may want to run chkdsk or similar software to scan for problems." is the error I get.

Information:

I have a WD 850X 2TB thats about 2 days new and a 970 evo plus 2TB thats a few years old but only written a lifetime total of 50TB out of its rated 1200TB. I tried installing the vortex software on both drives and the error happens regardless which drive.

Windows was orginally installed on the new 850X. Reinstalled on the 870 EVO with a fresh download of Windows 11 on 04 May 2024 with all updates and is still failing to load properly without error. Windows is now back on the new 850X.

Tried using 1.10.8 and 1.11.2-Beta Vortex versions and changing various settings in Vortex and windows compatibility.

I have performed various scans on the disks with the windows based diagnostics such as chkdsk and each of the manufacturers diagnostics software and both disks had no issues that were discovered. Nothing is wrong with my drives or Windows installation. 

Error occurs multiple times during startup, and any deployments will trigger the error as well.

I will be trying older versions of the software and see if theres a certain release that triggers this issue. 

Help!

I've reported this problem a couple of times, and have been told it's MY fault, despite it not being my fault.
I've run CHKDSK, PerfectDisk and other tools that all report my disks are fine, it's only Vortex, and Vortex alone that gives this error.

This error is "bubbling up" from the driver/operating system and is not caused by Vortex. It's either a hardware fault, a driver issue or something on your PC interfering with the normal operation of Vortex. 

On 5/12/2024 at 3:16 PM, 7531Leonidas said:

Has Windows Security (or any other antivirus) shown any flags/actions taken?  It seems to be a bit more agressive as of late, at least on W10.

No there's no notifications or anything listed in protection history in defender.

On 5/13/2024 at 3:46 AM, Pickysaurus said:

This error is "bubbling up" from the driver/operating system and is not caused by Vortex. It's either a hardware fault, a driver issue or something on your PC interfering with the normal operation of Vortex. 

That's what I am thinking but the struggle is finding out what it is. And why is it only vortex program that I am having an issue with? I have now about 2TB worth of various programs on this computer now and none of them have any issue accessing the disk? OneDrive maybe?