Need Help Making A Custom Vault Boy Stats/Condition Interface (NSFW Mod)

I just recently finished drawing my own status icons for limb condition for Fallout New Vegas and possibly Fallout 4. I think it looks great and everything, I'm happy with how it looks but unfortunately I have no idea how to get it to work in-game. I thought it could have been a simple texture replacement but it seems to be a lot more complicated than that. The separate limbs are all on separate layers and I've also got different faces and broken (NSFW) versions as well. The drawings themselves were done in Clip Studio Paint. It was heavily inspired by Forno's artwork and the interface mod that came from it.
If anyone could help me out with this endeavor, I'd be really grateful!

Azure Vault Paper Doll.png

Posted (edited)

You'd need jpexs to edit the shapes in the swf files. You need to extract the files in Interface\Components\ConditionClips from Fallout4 - Interface.ba2.

JEkbZI.jpg

PS: I'm not very familiar with the process except for a couple script edits I did some time ago, I'm sorry that I can't help more.

Edited by DieFeM
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2024 at 8:34 AM, DieFeM said:

You'd need jpexs to edit the shapes in the swf files. You need to extract the files in Interface\Components\ConditionClips from Fallout4 - Interface.ba2.

JEkbZI.jpg

PS: I'm not very familiar with the process except for a couple script edits I did some time ago, I'm sorry that I can't help more.

Thank you so much for the help, I should be able to figure it out a bit by just tinkering with it. ^^
Do you know if there is an equivalent to Fallout New Vegas however? If not, then its alright.

If I'm not able to get these to work in game then oh well, it'll be a nice little set of drawings to post up some day! 🙂

No idea how NV does it, sorry. What I've observed is that each limb (or limbs combination) has it's own swf file in the ConditionClips folder, so you would need to create each of the poses of the animation for each limb swf and replace them, I guess you could place the same image in all frames and get a static image if it is too many combinations to draw, also the head is located in a separate swf file, so you need to make sure all your drawings have the head in the same relative position. 

I'd try to implement just the healthy body and head, and if it works then go with the broken limbs.

Good luck.