Starfield ---- SFSE DLL problem. Please help.

An update for Starfield just released a couple of hours ago. Every time an update happens, the Starfield Script Extender will also need to be updated, this normally takes 1-3 days to release. Once the script extender update is out, simple update it and that error will go away. Until then, you will not be able to use mods that require script extender.

If you just want to play, you can simply disable Script extender and any mods that require it and the game should launch properly, but you won't be able to use your modded save that uses those mods.

Edited by QuantumFang

I'm having this same exact problem and it's annoying because I just started playing again and got all my mods to make a perfect modded run installed and now this messed it up before I could even enjoy it. 

Just found a way to roll back to previous version if you need to until the updated script extender releases. I will provide a link.

• 5 weeks later...

Following.  I have had the opposite issue since the last update.  SFSE in Vortex is Version 1.12.36, but it didn't update the .dll in the game directory.  The sfse .dll in the game directory is 1.11.32, but the SFSE file in Vortex says it is 1.12.36.  I tried removing Starfield management, and restarting, and also reinstalling SFSE.  Creation stuff works, and says SFSE is running when I open the game from Steam. Game is up to date in Steam. Just can't run from Vortex, or load Vortex mods because of this.  A bit of a mystery for sure.

image.png.67e027a38ed04de908c05985f921309d.png