A possible way to connect space and a particular land(need load screen once)

halrixx

It doesnt allow players to land everywhere but a particular position in a planet(positions are placed by modders)
0. Add collision model to the planet model
1. when far away from the troposphere, the texture of the planets use the maps of the planets browsed in the star map, increasing the resolution of the texture to make them clearer even when zoomed out(use AI)
2. As the player's ship approaches the landing site, the ship's range of motion will be limited, or you can use scanner + f autoflight, gradually fly to the landing site directly above, in short, in order to allow the player to fly vertically to the planet
3. When we are close to the troposphere, we can only see a very small part of the planet, and since we are flying vertically towards the planet, we can unload most of the scene outside our field of view (the other planets, the spaceships in space, etc.) in order to optimize the performance. Because the planet's terrain is fixed, so you can replace this part of the planet mapping with a low model of the land mass, and mapping with terrain undulation, and then supplemented with clouds and other environmental effects to cover up the loading, that is, the idea of the LOD.
4. As we get closer and closer to the ground, the model accuracy is getting higher and higher, using automatic landing to land the ship on the "ground", in fact, at this time the ship is still in space, not in the ground space, and the ship is not parked on the ground, but parked on the model of the planet that looks like the ground with tree-like, rock-like and poi-like asteroid belt. That makes ship seem to land on the real ground.
5. When the player exits the ship, a black load screen is played. The logic is the same as in the game when the ship lands on the ground, except that there is no need to play the landing animation.
Flying from the ground to space performs the opposite step!

I am not a modder and I dont know how difficult it is. I think it is just replace a part of texture of a planet, and set LOD. May be someone can achieve it.