How to make a "Homing bullet"?

I am looking to make a semi cheat whimsical weapon as a high level craftable add-on to a gun for my "Gnome Warfare" mod that shoots homing bullets, is this even possible? Can I clone a script from the rocket launcher?

Unfortunately, I do not have the knowledge to help you here, but I have one suggest for you that might be a start.
Check the X12 Plasmacaster weapon mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49918

If I remember correctly, there's an in-game weapon mod in there that does something similar to what you wish.

You could try looking at the mod files with either or both Creation Kit/FO4Edit and hopefully figure out how they made it work, and try making it work for you.

Hello JadeMoontail,

Take a look at the projectile for MissileProjectileSeek.  It's the checkbox at the lower right which says "Seeks Target". 

Guns normally use "beam" as the Projectile Type, but I wonder if you would need to switch to "missile" type in order for "seeks target" to work?

Edited by DiodeLadder
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 8:45 AM, DiodeLadder said:

Hello JadeMoontail,

Take a look at the projectile for MissileProjectileSeek.  It's the checkbox at the lower right which says "Seeks Target". 

Guns normally use "beam" as the Projectile Type, but I wonder if you would need to switch to "missile" type in order for "seeks target" to work?

Worth checking out. thanks