Should I trust Bethesda?

The recent update to Fallout 3 (my favorite game of all time) broke my game and made it unplayable; besides registering for an account here, my various flailing efforts at resolving this calamity included sending an email to Bethesda customer support.  They responded by detailing how I could print out a diagnostic report, called msinfo32.txt, which Windows is designed to generate on demand for situations like this.  The paranoid part of my brain is now telling me that a company capable of the kind of shenanigans recently witnessed by this corporation, eg the various frustrations that have been expressed with Starfield and Fallout 76, is unlikely to actually be interested in helping its customers debug a game from 16 years ago, which they themselves recently screwed up with an update very few players wanted (and probably none of them actually asked for).  "Is this all just a plot to gain some kind of info that will let them hack into my PC for some nefarious purpose?" that brain-part is now saying.  I request a second opinion from the Global Hivemind, as to exactly how unrealistic my fears are here.  Is there any reason why I should believe that Bethesda actually has any intention of helping me, and/or needs this document to do it?

Edited by MatSpikeYinsen

The msinfo file typically contains information about the computer's operating system, installed programs, system components, and peripherals. It may also include information about the network configuration, system settings, and performance data. A quick search pulled up this page on StackExchange for reference. In general, you should be good but pay attention to the section, 'Why would it not be a good idea to post this information publicly'. You may want to censor a few details, like any username references, before sending it off.

Cheers...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UsernameWithA9 said:

The msinfo file typically contains information about the computer's operating system, installed programs, system components, and peripherals. It may also include information about the network configuration, system settings, and performance data. A quick search pulled up this page on StackExchange for reference. In general, you should be good but pay attention to the section, 'Why would it not be a good idea to post this information publicly'. You may want to censor a few details, like any username references, before sending it off.

Cheers...

this appears satisfactory, thank you.