I am looking for Oblivion location enhancement MODs for settlements and cities. I am not so keen of current existing MODs though.

Whilst I appreciated some of the enhancements of the Better Cities MOD - such as areas of Bruma - I was not so keen of other areas, such as the Imperial City. I personally felt that the original Imperial City is one of the most impressive cities throughout the entire game and did not need further enhancements. Kvatch Rebuilt MOD did a great job at restoring Kvatch, with it's own well imagined, non lore-friendly, questline. I've even tried Sutch MODs - fully restoring the cut city of Sutch. Personally though, these don't feel like lore-friendly, vanilla-friendly, 'Bethesda work'. At least to me, they don't flow nicely within Cyrodiil. I feel that a problem with adding too much is that areas can become stale and boring. I understand more merchants can be added, but the game has many merchants already. More immersive features and immersion could be implemented, such as having to use anvils with repair hammers to repair weapons and armor. I feel these would be lore-friendly and somewhat vanilla-friendly additions indeed.

I am not sure what concept art does and doesn't exist. I understand though some concept art is drastically different compared to existing locations throughout the game - such as current Anvil and the original concept art. It would be nice to have any possible cut locations, such as settlements and farmsteads, reimplemented in a vanilla-friendly, lore-friendly manner - using existing vanilla assets. I love how different parts of Cyrodiil use different styles of architecture - seen throughout the different cities. If every Cyrodiil city had the same architecture, that would be quite boring. I do feel Cyrodiil, with it's existing locations, could be further enhanced in a vanilla-friendly and lore-friendly manner.

I wish I could motivate modders to work on brand new enhancement MODs but admit a lot of the modding community has left the forever aging game. As for NPCs which become obsolete and forgotten once quests for them are completed... if they haven't got existing homes to live in... perhaps these could claim a newly implemented house throughout a city. At least to me, this would be vanilla-friendly and lore-friendly. These NPCs which stand around doing nothing could be reimplemented into enhanced cities, adopting brand new roles, tasks, goals and routines. This would further enhance the game in my opinion. We could discuss many ideas, which would take many countless hours to implement, however.

I dislike the Creation Club with it's paid MODs for games such as Fallout and Skyrim, but there is one thing which caught my eye - "higher quality MODs". It made me think - why not have MODs of a higher quality for Oblivion, too? Following Bethesda concept art. Implementations which naturally flow throughout the existing game's world and environment. Creations which look and feel like they could have been created by Bethesda themselves - without the bugs. Performance friendly. I've tried modding myself but have ran into issues I haven't been able to overcome.

Any suggestions?