Seeking advice about how to move forward with a mod that edits brawling quests.

So I am developing a mod that turns Gian the fist into a fleshed out follower. One of my dreams for him is to have a feature where if you have an opportunity to brawl somebody, if you'd like you can have Gian brawl them for you. The idea is if your playing a shrimpy thief character and it would be strange for you to be brawling people but you still want to shakedown the shop keeps or put Rolff Stone-fist in his place. Maybe your the brains of the operation and Gian can be the heavy. So this is my first ever mod and I need advice on how I should move forward. 

I see this as two stages, first I need to figure out how to script a brawl between Gian and the other npc and then figure out how to slot that in so the quest stages trigger depending on a gian victory or loss. 

Second I need to figure out how to Get that script to show up in all the brawl quests. Is the best way to do that some kind of Global script that add a second dialogue option automatically every time a brawl option pops up during a quest (This would be ideal because it is less tedious and would be compatible with other mods that have brawls during their quests)? Or is it I need to go through and edit every possible brawl in the games quest dialogue to add the option and the script? If that's the case I need to figure out how radiant quests work and if editing them in the way I need is possible. 

If any one has any advice, tips, or resources they could shoot my way I would greatly appreciate it. I think this is a good idea and is really gonna make my vision for Gian feel unique and useful for certain playthroughs.

Hope your all well, thanks in advance.  

I don't think there is a central shared dialogue for starting and ending brawls.  Each circumstance handles it's own dialogues.

Brawls are started by a keyword FavorBrawlEvent.SendStoryEvent, so I figure your best option will be to steal the event in the StoryManager to start your own thing instead of DGIntimidateQuest.

Not sure, but perhaps you can have Gian forcegreet you instead and offer himself.  After that, it's a matter of manipulating DGIntimidateQuest quest stages to simulate you winning/losing the original brawl so the original outcomes take effect.

14 hours ago, CrankyKidneys said:

First I need to figure out how to script a brawl between Gian and the other npc

Can you not template this on the companions fight when you first enter Jorrvaskr?

Looked into the Jorrvaskar fight and I don't think that is the angle. Nadja and Athis each have like 6 alias for that specific scene and they have dedicated scripts for themselves. It makes them protected for a certain amount of time then ends the quest witch isn't what we need. We need the outcome of this brawl to not be predetermined. going to look into editing each individual brawl quest and just try and add a dialogue option with a script that has them fight and if Gian wins the quest stage is set the same as if the Player is the one that fought them. From the looks of it a global script isn't going to work.