Timed block standalone?

There's a number of simple standalone combat mods, that add things such as dodging, parrying, npcs using potions, and letting you cancel attacks. However, we do not have a single mod that adds in timed blocking on its own. There's plenty of combat overhauls that include it, and even a few perk overhauls, but none add it in isolation and even the combat overhauls with mcms don't let you disable everything but that.

Given how common it is, is it really that hard to implement? We really need more of these standalone combat tweaks so we no longer have to rely on all these compilations of features. There's a reason people don't make creature compilations anymore. There's always things you like and dislike about them. Why do combat overhauls still work this way?

Decided to look into this myself to see if I could isolate the feature out of Ultimate Combat. Oddly, it has no script explicately named as having anything to do with the mechanic. The only files with 'block' in its name are sound effects. This has me thinking; does this feature actually require scripts? Can it made through some sort of xEdit mod? I haven't gotten around to getting xEdit working on my linux computer, otherwise I would check. I really need to get into that so I can start making my own patches again, and checking for conflicting records (such as leveled lists, I haven't trusted wyrebash to do a decent job in years now, I only use it to make sure I have all my master files in the proper order and as a quickie way to see if I do need a bash patch).