PLEASE BRING GORE & DISMEMBERMENT TO STARTFIELD!

Also made this post over on r/Starfield & r/Starfieldmods if there is already an "official" post for reaching out to prospective developers and getting this going/created, please let me know and I will take these three posts down and just add my comments to the official one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/1e1gtqd/please_bring_gore_dismemberment_to_startfield/

I stopped playing Starfield due to the lack of gore and hit collision detection! If anyone creates a high-quality gore and dismemberment mod for this game, comparable to Fallout 4's visuals, I would gladly donate $50 to the developer! The game feels like it’s made for 8-year-olds with the ridiculous absence of even the slightest collision detection when enemies are shot, burned, or literally exploded, let alone gore and dismemberment!

Enhanced Blood Textures is a good start and a commendable first effort, but even that developer is limited without access to the full Mod Creation Engine.

You'd think that as money-hungry as Bethesda is, they would officially release an amazing gore and dismemberment mod and charge $10-$20 for it! They'd make a fortune! While I don't want this to happen because it could harm the modding community, if Bethesda or a third-party developer does create an incredible gore and dismemberment mod, I’ll be the first to throw money at it!

Now that the Mod Creation Engine is out, I’m checking daily for any announcements from developers working on this much-needed mod and seeking donations for their efforts. Does anyone know if there are any talented mod developers currently working on this essential mod?

If not, Where should I create a post calling for Devs to start the real convo for a Gore & Dismemberment mod, and donations for their work? Is there a better platform to do this on? Please let me know what you guys think! Only constructive ideas/convos wanted!

And what i mean by constructive ideas/convos is only directed to those who will say, "You are a sicko, or the next Jeff Dahmer because you can't play the game without gore," you my friend can EAD and fall on a knife!

PLESE SOME AMAZING DEV OUT THERE, PLEASE MAKE US THIS MOD! EVEN IF IT IS A PAID MOD! I CANT SPEAK FOR EVERYONE HERE IN THE COMMUNITY, ONLY FOR MYSELF WHEN I SAY I WILL DONATE ON THE REG! I HAVE A FEELING OTHERS HERE WOULD TOO!

I shall now step down from my soapbox

You guys have a great weekend!

shack-chat-starfield-mod-gore.jpg

• Like 1

You can contact Bethesda directly (and more effectively) using their Starfield Support page, which can be used to make suggestions as to what you may think should be added or changed in the game.  Just go to the Support page, and you will see that one of the 9 listed options is "Suggestions."  Write your idea or suggestion there.

STARFIELD SUPPORT
https://help.bethesda.net/#en/home/product/1218/category/287

or you can contact Bethesda on Discord:
http://discord.gg/bethesdastudios

Though that is more likely something a mod would add in, than Bethesda, at this point in time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium_pill.png.64c7f985ca7c96b076c859b

I stopped playing Starfield due to the lack of gore and hit collision detection! You'd think that as money-hungry as Bethesda is, they would officially release an amazing gore and dismemberment mod and charge $10-$20 for it! They'd make a fortune!

"The wages of woke is broke." -Harvey Cthulu

Harvey.thumb.webp.d7a51f00c7864beddd8e07d8fba417bd.webp

I concur that the lack of gore, where the alien creatures are more like solid rubber makes enemies feels like a step backwards.

I for one would have liked at least different colored blood for the creatures. That everything bleeds red is kind of boring. Not sure if this was done due to an engine limitation or cutting corners in what they were to deliver on.

Seems every game since fallout 3 has been devoid of any real gore and dismemberment, even other companies like bioware are removing visual gore in their RPGs, it's an industry trend. I guess it's because they want to appeal to a wider (ie. younger) audience, but I wish there was at least an option to toggle it on for the adults playing.