[Mod-Idea] Clothing of the "Vikings"

Ghost2018

I have been playing Skyrim for many years now and I just love this fantasy world. There are so many mods that fulfill almost every dream and wish.

There is Viking armor that is very similar to what was found in graves, there are even ships and a longhouse mod. Lots of weapons and shields, but there is one thing I still miss in Skyrim! The everyday clothing of the Scandinavians (Vikings).

So I wanted to ask if anyone would like to bring it into the game. I don't mean the fur collar version or the half naked in the snow.
I mean the clothing and coats that were found in graves like (Birka, Haithabu and the rest).

What did it even look like?:
The men's clothing was linen trousers, a linen undershirt that was more like a T-shirt than a modern undershirt. Over that they wore a tunic, which we know from the Romans. Over that they often wore a felt jacket, whether the Gugel existed is controversial, just like the wooden shoe.

Women wore a linen undergarment, similar to a nightgown, a linen dress over it and often a felt apron with a brooch and chains, but not all of them. Leather shoes were the most common.

I'm adding a short video. There are many more videos on the subject and also many pictures. But since I'm not sure about the copyright, I'll leave it. I hope this short video is enough to show what I mean.

Maybe someone has the time and desire to make these clothes. It would be nice if the player and the NPCs could wear them. Unfortunately I don't know how to set it up in the C.Kit. I know that Jarl clothing (very rich Vikings) can be marked as Jarl clothing and then the Jarl NPCs can wear it. Clothing with a name is made specifically for an NPC. Then there is changing clothing that is always put together anew. I don't know how to adapt self-made clothing so that NPCs can wear it. The clothing should be able to be made by the player. Since there are no sheep in Skyrim, only goats, and they don't produce wool, cotton will probably have to do, unless someone knows how to add wool as a raw material to the clothing mod, which can be bought from traders.

Unfortunately, there is no Linen in Skyrim. So it will probably all end up being cotton as a manufacturing Material. There is leather and Silver/Gold too, which players can use to make jewelry and shoes. I tried to make these Clothes myself with Blender, but unfortunately I can't do it. That's why I'm looking for someone who can. I would be very happy.

Sorry my englisch is terrible.
(The Englisch is from a translation Engine.)

Found a Picture from ESO.

da5b6d70e5c8617b35131a754d8fcdc3.jpg

Edited by Ghost2018
  • Like 1