Elden Ring, Wild Idea of Firing Meele using Bows

potatozeng

I always wanted to have a bow-only run, but non of the current bow mods seens interesting enough. Thinking of how to make bows funnier, I came up with this wild idea inspired by Zelda TotK, and wish some one will make it since I'm completely layman in mod making:

Bows no longer use arrows, instead it fire meele weapons. Short bow fires daggers and stright swords, bow fires greatswords, and etc. You can equip up to 3 bows, and assign 2 meele weapons to each bow as the ammo respetively. All of them count to the equipment load, unless the same ammo is loaded. The damage of each shot is calculated by M*B, where M is the damage of the meele weapon and B is the modifier of the bow. B is a percentage, and upgrading the bow increases the percentage. So to get the max damage you need to upgrade both the meele weapon and the bow. This also allows the bow to deal all 4 kinds of physical damage instead of only piercing. Of course I guess there is tons of math work to get the proper amount of poise damage, status build up, stamina consumption, etc.

You can even make it wilder by adding meele AoW to the play. If the meele weapon is equipped with a AoW and the bow is not, using the skill will fire it with the meele AoW. When the weapon hits something, it starts to perform the AoW as if it is wielded by an invisibal guy.

Edited by potatozeng