SeasSesh - Banned

Account Banned - SeasSesh

SeasSesh has been banned from Nexus Mods for violating our community rules.

Reason

Promoting piracy
Providing hints for using a specific mod on pirate copies of Dark Souls Remastered

Comment 27 September 2023, 4:34AM
THE GAME LAUNCHES IN THE BACKGROUND WHEN THE MOD IS INSTALLED [FIX]!!!

as I had this problem and so did many of you from what I've read, I managed to find a fix for it. But before, I'll list my exact problem to see if it matches yours.

the problem most likely stems from having a cracked version of the game, as the dev pointed out the mod heavily relies on steam connection. I had the DODI repack. I had LAN emulator (from Goldberg's emulator mod) installed and the game couldn't run, so I used the (*******.dll) provided in the ***** 's mod's main folder and it worked. But when I installed painted worlds the game and the (steamclient_loader.exe) found from ********'s mod, the game would run in the background in both instances.

to fix this issue I grabbed a *********.dll from *******com and replaced the one from either the DODI repack or ******* as both ***** made the game run in the background when launched (after painted worlds is installed) either through the proper ******* or the ****** loader.

And on first appearance the mod seems to work and ******** seems to function, I haven't tested it by joining a LAN (I'll do that tomorrow) but all seems to function so far!

I hope this helps.

From the Terms of Service
https://help.nexusmods.com/article/18-terms-of-service
We have a strict anti-piracy policy and will take proactive action against anyone whose on-site activity gives us reasonable grounds to believe they are using pirated content such as, but not limited to, games and software. Discussing, promoting or distributing such content on our sites will be met with administrative action.

Reference

Below are links to where the infractions took place (where relevant). Some links may point to hidden, deleted or restricted content that can only be accessed by moderators.

Moderation History

Banned by zcul. This member received 0 formal warnings before they were banned.